ok, I have a dsl100, i have a tube screamer to help boost the gain channel, but it still feels like it is lacking a little bit. I play anything from killswitch engage to a7x to all that remains. but my amp just doesnt feel like it has the chunk or chug that i want... any help at all would be deeply appreciated =]

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger Floyd Rose PROTOYPE
Schecter C-1 Fr

Marshall Jcm2000 DSL100.
tube screamer
Go easy on the gain and pay more attention to the volume and EQ.

A lot of people just use Tubescreamers to provide an almost clean boost by keeping the gain low and upping the level.
Do what blue strat said and give an angle to the amp by leaning it on the wall. Everything sounds better that way.
what is your eq set at on your amp?
I've found that not using enough mids severely reduces the chunk/chug of an amp. What works best for me is using an eq pedal to boost the lower mids (and upper mids to a lesser extent)
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Jul 4, 2010,
right now i think my treble is around 6 or 7 and mids around 6 and bass around 7, but i have played with it and tried every different combination and im never comepletely satisfied. ive considered buy a bbe sonic maximizer.

how will an eq pedal or rack mount help?
Quote by jackson09
right now i think my treble is around 6 or 7 and mids around 6 and bass around 7, but i have played with it and tried every different combination and im never comepletely satisfied. ive considered buy a bbe sonic maximizer.

how will an eq pedal or rack mount help?

That doesn't sound too far off from what I have my amp eq'd to. An eq pedal adds more flexibility to your tone shaping mostly. I could never get the tone I have now without an eq pedal. What I do is use my eq as a boost similar to the way you use your tube screamer. I have the mids boosted quite a bit with preference to the lower mids and cut the bass some to keep it tight sounding and not muddy. Highs are set to preference.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
i know a bbe sound maximizer will give it a scoop and it balances everything out.

any prefered eq's i should check out?
As far as pedals go, MXR makes some of the better eq's and at reasonable prices.
I use the Dan'o Fish n' Chips as I was on a pretty tight budget and it does a good enough job.
what about the kerry king mxr eq?

how is that one. im new to all this eq stuff, i was so fed up with trying to get the sound i wanted out of this dsl100 that i was going to go to guitar center thursday and trade in on either a 6505 or a dual rect
Quote by jackson09

how is that one. im new to all this eq stuff, i was so fed up with trying to get the sound i wanted out of this dsl100 that i was going to go to guitar center thursday and trade in on either a 6505 or a dual rect

Never seen or herd of it.
I wouldn't discourage you from trying out the 6505 or Dual Rec, honestly I'd take either of those over a DSL in a heart beat.
right, im gonna try them out thursday, i just cant seem to find the heavy metal tones i desire in this marshall, i want the zakke wylde and bullet for my valentine kinda harmonics, and i just cant seem to get them to come through cleanly on this amp, i just dont wanna spend an ass load of money on pedals when i can get a head that suits me for around the same price
Quote by jackson09

The KK is the same as the regular M-108, except with another output to run it to two amps at once.

Instead of going for one of the MXRs you can find a used rack EQ on eBay for less than $100, which are far more tweakable (having more bands, and greater boost/cut capability)

Or you could check out the Artec 8-band EQ, which is around $70 last I checked.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??