Page 1 of 5
I couldn't find any threads on the Metal Gear (Solid) series, so I decided to make one. It's my favorite series (besides Zelda).

So, discuss the series. What are your favorite parts/least favorite?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I think the most prevalent memory i have of any game in the series was laughing at the name "shoot gunner" and the intro of MGS2
BACK IN BLACK

Quote by somedude789
You get squirtle.

HELL YEAH!!!
Quote by shattamakar

But anyway, I don't want to be tempted to consume my semen every time I ejaculate.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ynmumyjj2wm
My favorite part in all regards is has been the stealth game play. My least favorite is not being able to decipher the flipping story even after five games.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i absolutely love the MGS series, though I don't own a PS3 to play MGS4 on....

My favourite parts are probably the sniper battles with Sniper Wolf and The End, but I really liked the boss battle with Solidus in MGS2.

However, I was so upset when Vamp killed EE in MGS2, it proper pissed me off, because a load of stupid things happened at once, like doing all that stupid swimming for nothing, Snake/Pliskin seeming to turn on you, the next bit, having no weapons or clothes....
If I ever wanted to hear a story, I would read a book, or have someone in real life read it loud to me.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Stud_Muffin
i absolutely love the MGS series, though I don't own a PS3 to play MGS4 on....

My favourite parts are probably the sniper battles with Sniper Wolf and The End, but I really liked the boss battle with Solidus in MGS2.

However, I was so upset when Vamp killed EE in MGS2, it proper pissed me off, because a load of stupid things happened at once, like doing all that stupid swimming for nothing, Snake/Pliskin seeming to turn on you, the next bit, having no weapons or clothes....

I havent been able to play Guns of the Patriots neither.

My favorite game in the series is the Twin Snakes version of MGS for the Gamecube. My least favorite game is Metal Gear Acid. If I wanted to do actions using cards you have to look foor, I'd still be playing Yu-Gi-Oh.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I like how rations heal bullet wounds. If only...
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.

I beat Sons of Liberty today, it's such a pain in the ass to control those damn remote control missles in that vent. It also sucks that you have to swim Emma all that way just so she can die. It took me several attempts to realize if you crouch while holding her hand, she heals. After that, I was able to beat that part
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Metal Gear Solid 4 is amazing, but is as confusing throughout the entire game as the Patriots at the end of MGS2.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the highlight of the series IMO.
I've replayed through that game countless times.

Sniper wolf or Crying wolf or Screaming Mantis or The Boss were the best bosses of the series. ( I know thats a lot of ors. )
I'm stuck on MGS3 right now, and I'm not that far in either...

But I love how in that one the healing process is a lot more realistic than just using rations.

And yea, Sons of Liberty is confusing as **** at the end, but after a while it sinks in.

I hope they can get the movie out soon too. They delayed it so it wouldn't ruin the games' reputation, which is good, but I would like them to hurry up and figure out what will be good. It would be nice if they got David Hayter to play Snake
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by snausages
^ Agree with MGS3. I love that one soooo much. I'm Playing Peace Walker, and i'm stuck on the first mission of chapter 4. Maybe i'm just not consistent enough or not patient enough. anyone got tips?

How is Peace Walker?
I'm gonna get it but the whole fact of it being on the PSP makes me worry about the controls.

EDIT: MGS is not MGS without David Hayter.
Last edited by Kyose at Jul 4, 2010,
Oh - and my favorite series? Devil May Cry and Assassin's Creed.

General info.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Kyose
How is Peace Walker?
I'm gonna get it but the whole fact of it being on the PSP makes me worry about the controls.

I heard he was rejected, which is BS. At the very least, let him write the screenplay, he is a great screenplay writer.

If Kurt Russell were 20 years younger...
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I love how Diane the news anchor from Family Guy has the same voice actor as the The Boss.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
looks like a pretty metal gear to me

VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Look at this sweet-ass banner. It's even got big boss!

*hint* *hint*
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by snausages
^ Agree with MGS3. I love that one soooo much. I'm Playing Peace Walker, and i'm stuck on the first mission of chapter 4. Maybe i'm just not consistent enough or not patient enough. anyone got tips?

MGS Peace Walker is amazing best PSP game Ive ever played. Dont remember what goes on in that mission exactly though what do you have to do in it?
Quote by Scruff17
Kiss a guy and tell her it means nothing to you. Then die a little inside knowing that it did.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
MGS4 is pretty damn epic for all you who haven't been able to play it. I'll warn you though, get some popcorn and settle in when you play it, because 70% of it is a movie.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I wish Kojima would do a MGS game detailing Liquid Snake's time in Desert Storm where he was taken as a POW. It would be interesting, my only conditions would be for him to be fully clothed and have a FAMAS.
Quote by sporkman7
I'd say a good ESP or Jackson running through a 6505 or maybe a 5150 would work fine as some metal gear.

Damn beat me to it.
I own the main series and i still say that 3 is the best. Best story and best characters.
Quote by Kyose
How is Peace Walker?

MGSPW is freaking great. the story's good, it's touching especially after playing MGS3, and the controls aren't too big of a deal. it takes maybe an hour to get used to, but it's fine. the only thing that's slightly different is that when you switch weapons or items, the game still goes on and doesn't stop for you.
How come this thread is still open but the Fallout one got closed? Fallout is 1000x better.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Spartan101400
I wish Kojima would do a MGS game detailing Liquid Snake's time in Desert Storm where he was taken as a POW. It would be interesting, my only conditions would be for him to be fully clothed and have a FAMAS.

In fairness, that does sound great.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by hide_the_beer
I like how rations heal bullet wounds. If only...

Instead of just standing still for a couple of seconds?

PSN ID: ArranP
I guess the Gaming Thread is just there for decoration, huh?

If there's a game that never gets discussed in there, it's gotta be Metal Gear Solid.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by rockingamer2
I love how Diane the news anchor from Family Guy has the same voice actor as the The Boss.

I noticed that too

Quote by Well.......
I played Acid before.

I ****ing hate Metal Gear.

Are you basing an opinion off the worst (not including Acid 2, didn't even bother to play that) game in the series? I didn't mind the storyline, but it's just a spinoff of the main story, and the gameplay to Acid was a joke. If you have a PS2, get the MGS1-3 boxset at Walmart, it's $20.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Awesome idea: if they continue with the MGS movie, Hugh Jackman should be Snake
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Awesome idea: if they continue with the MGS movie, Hugh Jackman should be Snake

Oh god please no!
Page 1 of 5