Page 1 of 2
They should play American Football, the underage version of Rugby.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Next thing you know they'll be banning all gay sex.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Holy Katana
How the fuck do you play rugby without a scrum?

that's the point.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
All the article does is talk about a research study partly funded by the Scottish government in an attempt to figure out how much injury there is in Rugby; the result of the study have led the researchers to the conclusion that it could be wise to modify the rules for school rugby to make it safer so that such injuries (which can be really serious) don't happen. The government hasn't said anything of that kind, just the scientist. I don't necessarily agree but they have a point.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Jackal58
Next thing you know they'll be banning all gay sex.

Then what'll I do with my spare time...
All they do in scrums is share a little kiss and exchange phone numbers

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by SonorSam
Then what'll I do with my spare time...

Take up cricket before the homophobes ban that too.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Chrisiphone
All they do in scrums is share a little kiss and exchange phone numbers

This.

Rubgy is just an excuse for fags to mud wrestle and fondle each other.
I don't think the scrums at school level are allowed to move, I thought? At least not as far as the professional level.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Not in the US.

Quote by mishax92
This.

Rubgy is just an excuse for fags to mud wrestle and fondle each other.

Damn, they've figured it out!
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jul 4, 2010,
If you don't want to get hurt, don't play.

I wish we had rugby in American public schools
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

I wish we had rugby in American public schools

They had it at my school. I even played for a while, but I sucked at it.
I played rugby for a few years at school and yes, it is quite dangerous, but the whole game is dangerous, not just the scrums, the players know that it's dangerous when they start, and if they think there's a case for banning scrums then there could easily be a case for banning most of the other aspects of the game, making it pretty much pointless, we might as well just play touch rugby

Unless pupils are being forced to play rugby, which we were for the first few years, then I'm guessing that the kids know the risks but enjoy the game anyway, what's wrong with that, really?
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I get the feeling that the issue is that kids that young can't understand the risk they're taking, for the same reasons as we don't let them drink, smoke or vote.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by daft
I don't think the scrums at school level are allowed to move, I thought? At least not as far as the professional level.

When I was at school the scrums were only ever between the props. So 3 man-per-team scrums.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I get the feeling that the issue is that kids that young can't understand the risk they're taking, for the same reasons as we don't let them drink, smoke or vote.

We let them play football. That kills a half dozen or so kids a year.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
We let them play football. That kills a half dozen or so kids a year.

Only because they get squashed under the 500 pound coach

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chikao42
When I was at school the scrums were only ever between the props. So 3 man-per-team scrums.

I think earlier in school life it is 3 man scrums but at the later stages, larger scrums were allowed.
...and that's why Northern Hemisphere rugby is so shite. I've been in thousands of scrums and never had a serious injury.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
I didn't read the article but I presume this is to wipe out homosexuality at the root of the problem.
hello
Quote by stockylachy
...and that's why Northern Hemisphere rugby is so shite. I've been in thousands of scrums and never had a serious injury.

Pff....New Zealand are a big pile of poo when it comes to rugby.

*runs away relatively fast*
Quote by opc100
I didn't read the article but I presume this is to wipe out homosexuality at the root of the problem.

No comment.

<_<

>_>

<_<
Sport with potential injury and risks? It's not possible surely?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Prof Pollock, one of the study's authors, said: "High tackles and scrums should be banned. The sport is not safe enough for schoolchildren and not enough is being done to protect the safety of children.

This cunt clearly knows nowhere near enough about rugby to conduct any research on it... high tackles are very much against the rules in any form of the sport.
Quote by daft
Pff....New Zealand are a big pile of poo when it comes to rugby.

*runs away relatively fast*

The fly half I played with transferred to the school I was attending from New Zealand. Needless to say, half the tries scored were because of him and we ended up having a winning season two years ago.

They could always play touch, but that's kind of gay
Quote by daft
I think earlier in school life it is 3 man scrums but at the later stages, larger scrums were allowed.

Yea this is how it I started rugby at junior (13 and under level). These days we play generally international rules, with a few exceptions for scrumming. Many of the variations are not important but one rule is that if there are 2 collapsed scrums in a row or 5 collapsed scrums in total, the scrums have to be changed to uncontested.

At under 16 level this is a good rule to have and as a flank and occassional hooker this rule is great because collapsed scrums tire you out and more injuries occur when people aren't bound properly. This is what should happen in Scotland.
OI!
Little Bastards
no ones forcing them to get into the scrum, its their fault if they want to risk injury to themselves or not.
Why not just train them to do it properly or only let the schools rugby club do them. You can always do those crappy 3 man scrums during lesson times.
****ing pussies. If you don't want to get hurt don't play the ****ing game. Sooner or later they'll ban all sports and we'll have to wear armour made of bubble wrap in public.
Check out my fitness blog here
wtf is a scrum...

and if it is causing so many kids to get hurt and miss school, I agree, it should be banned in schools. Learning is important, seriously
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Be careful guys. I hear they want to ban sitting down next. Apparently, some people fell off their chairs and broke necks!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Holy necro scrums batman!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Why don't we just rap all children in bubble wrap while we're at it... seriously I never saw the over exaggeration of health and safety untll now...
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
To be honest, I got hurt all the time playing Rugby. And at school it's not like "Oh, they know what they're getting into before they go out and play". We couldn't just tell our teacher that we didn't want to play 'cause we'd get hurt. So instead I went out on a field with 30 kids twice my size, got pummeled for an hour for their amusement in an environment where I wasn't allowed to stop until I got hurt.

Rather than modifying it, they should just make it optional.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Then they deserve what they get. Muddy, hard ground...22 pairs of plastic shoes with metal studs on the bottom, and 11 people running full speed at you, with the sole intent of driving you into the floor and wrestling a ball out of your arms. If they don't understand the potential for risk and/or pain and injury there then they are plain stupid. In my high school, the first years had to play touch rugby. That was that. The 2nd years got the choice, and after that if you played rugby...you played as a man and accepted the bruises.

EDIT: Shit did NOT see how old this thread was.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jun 2, 2011,
Page 1 of 2