For a trade, would it be a good deal to trade my US Fender strat standard for a Godin Lgxt?
Steve Levine

My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster W Seymour duncan Jr (bridge)
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50
You cant go wrong with a MIA Strat...and i dont know much about the Godins, so, I would keep it!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I've tried both these guitars before - I own a Godin LG Signature. I'm unsure about the price difference between the two guitars in your area, there's a lot of different types of "US Strats" and they vary in value between models.

Godin make great guitars, so you won't be disappointed with the LGxt model. You should be aware though that it is not like the strat at all. It doesn't feel or sound like a strat, so you should be confident that you are trading the strat for the right reasons. I own an LG because I have other guitars to fill out the single coil duties. The LGxt's are extremely versatile guitars otherwise, and you should be happy with it once you get used to it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Althought I have put a Seymour Duncan DB jr on the bridge, my strat is not rocky enough, for my type of sound. I think the Godin might not be as hard rock as my Gibson classic, however, I like the idea of a rock/accoustic guitar in one neck. Anw, I'm pretty sure it has a more hard rock sound than the Fender.
Steve Levine

My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Does the Godin worth the Fender?
Steve Levine

My gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Godin makes some amazing guitars of very good quality. Not sure how much your Fender is worth but its probably close in purchase price to the Godin. The Godin will probably be more versatile and give you more of a 'rock' tone that you're looking for. The only downside to the trade is that I assume the Fender will have a higher resale price simply because its a Fender.

I say go for the Godin as long as its in good shape :-)