Hey guys,

So, I ordered a Egnater Tweaker at GC because I could not pass up that coupon they offered. The thing is on backorder so I have some time before I get it, and no shops here have had it in stock for me to demo -- again, not such a wise idea, but the coupon brought the thing down to a great price.

My concern is not over the cleans, as they sound amazing... its over the gain, and I was curious if anyone could chime in.

I LOVE 80s metal/hair rock. I need that tone to come out of the Egnater. I need more modern crunch (Think your Blink, Weezer, Green Day tones).

My Blackstar can nail them pretty well, and I barely use all the gain on that sucker, I would say around 1'oclock -- I boost with a BM if necessary. I would keep the Blackstar but I need to sell it to help offset the Tweaker purchase, and I just don't have the room for the 2 amp setups.

My questions is -- is me letting you know I use the gain on the HT-5 at 1oclock going to help confirm whether or not the Egnater will have at least that much gain?

Thanks -- hope this makes sense.
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Man I am getting ready to make this purchase as well. I got a 20% off coupon in the mail a couple days ago and it works for the Tweaker, so pumped! As far as your tone hunt, maybe I can help you out when I get mine
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
The Tweaker has a ton of gain. Not enough for modern metal but a lot.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
That should be fine then. I don't play modern metal.
i have been waiting for my tweaker for almost three months now. i still have another month to go according to M123. i got it for $293 though brand new (even thouguh it probably hasn't been manufactured it).

it wont have enough gain for metal, but if you want more of a classic metal sound on the modern with the brit mode. i have also heard the ac mode nail an almost modern metal with the mids scooped (not that i advocate scooping the mids). i havent tried that on the one i tried though. i did get some nice classic metal gain off of the marshall setting though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Nick BTW thanks for the offer. Play some van halen and ratt and maybe some blink to let me get a feel for it if you don't mind!
Quote by sixstringedmatt
Nick BTW thanks for the offer. Play some van halen and ratt and maybe some blink to let me get a feel for it if you don't mind!

It did that well when I had one. Nice gear btw.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Perp thanks for the tip and the kind words. I am an amateur bedroom player but hope to be starting something with a buddy soon. I know my ears aren't as mature as most but I really enjoy my gear!
Quote by sixstringedmatt

No problem man. Every amp has to have Round & Round played at least once on it
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
ya it's for sure got that much gain and it sounds better as well.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Ha nice one nick. Thanks acoustic! I'm stoked about this amp. I can't wait any longer.
i dont own one but i was able to play one at my guitar center for a while, youll be satisfied with the amount of gain. trust me. its probably the second highest gain micro head(at least hat ive found) next to the ht-5. egnater are great amps you wont be disappointed.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
It should last you for a while too. I went from an HT-5 to the Egnater but neither really did too much for me but I think the Egnater was just slightly too quiet for my room. It's hard to find an amp that really works but I think for an apartment the Egnater is really good.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

i put some nos el34s in mine recently. i agree it get's the most gain in the AC mode.

It does metal, what specific type is up for your interp. To me it either does metal or it doesn't, there is only one genre of metal to me. it's called "metal". this amp does it.

and pretty much everything else i've thrown at it.

great amp for the price.
Quote by sixstringedmatt
So, I ordered a Egnater Tweaker at GC because I could not pass up that coupon they offered. The thing is on backorder so I have some time before I get it, and no shops here have had it in stock for me to demo -- again, not such a wise idea, but the coupon brought the thing down to a great price.

You're in Hampton Roads, right? I was in the Virginia Beach Guitar Center on Friday, and they had at least one Tweaker (I think I saw two, actually). They had a used Tweaker cab too, but I took that off their hands.
Sick I'm heading that way today ill check it out!