Hey, i've been playing guitar for 4 years, and am looking to build my first guitar with my dad who has been working with wood for 20 +years, so i would like some suggestions and advice.

Reverse Iceman alder body
Strat Neck
Duncan invaders
Bridge: http://www.guitarpartsusa.com/item--Guitar-Bridge-non-tremolo-Stratocaster%C2%AE-style-chrome--PROD161 (because im cheap lol)

So im looking for a metalish sound, LOW action, good for sweeping, heavy drop c and d riffs, post-hardcore, etc. If you see anything that could be changed or something that is not good for the sound i would like to achieve, please comment. I would like to see a better bridge that is fixed and top-loaded. Thks
Last edited by cjrguitar at Jul 5, 2010,
Couldn't go wrong with a TOM... Any bridge can get low action, it's just your setup that will determine this. I know some original icemans or destroyers use TOMs so..
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
if you have the money go with a Kahler instead of a Floyd, easier to change the strings/tune. so i've heard... i have an Ibby Floyd and its great till it comes to string changing/tuning. >
anyways back to your dilemma, i would go with a Kahler (if you have the money) they do come in trem or non-trem, or a TOM string thru for that extra bit of sustain. TOM will save you money but there's more fun in a trem
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Custom Upside-Down Strat
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
>Guyatone ST-2 Comrpessor
The Kahler look nice but im looking for 150 and under..... i think TOM is out of the question since im not putting the neck at an angle
you can get the non-trem kahlers for under 150$ i think... or about that price... somethin like that. go to wdmusic.com and check it out
this is a cool one:
http://www.warmoth.com/JazzJag-Style-C717.aspx
i dont think fender had angled necks.... i dunno just assuming
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
no problem dude
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
From what I've heard Invaders seriously lack in the clarity department and are actually better for punk and stuff than drop tuning. I'm not a high gain player so I don't really have much personal experience with them or any high output pups, but that's what I hear about 'em.

These tuners are pretty bomb if you haven't found tuners yet. Good luck.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Build your own neck from scratch, or make a neck through. It would be way more rewarding, and MIGHT be more comfortable for your sweeps... obviously Yngwie gets away with a regular Strat radius. Also, go up to 24 frets. Most fingerboard blanks are long enough for 24 frets anyway, so you might as well make use of that.

Edit: If you want Blackouts or active EMG's, buy them used on eBay.
I tried out the strat neck and it seemed the most comfortable for sweeping.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Bright purple. Someone NEEDS to make a bright purple Iceman.

+1 maan!!
that would be so damn righteous! seriously dude, thatd be ****ing awesome.
you know what would be cool, a light blue/light green/neon green/blue/light purple/purple/deep purple (pun intended) burst! thatd be really hard but crazy bitchin!
-Gibson SG Faded
-Ibanez RG5EX1L
-Modded Epiphone LP
-Fender Acoustic
*Marshall DSL15H
>Ibanez TS9
>MXR Micro Flanger
>Boss TU-3
>Danelectro Vibe
Quote by Wisthekiller
Bright purple. Someone NEEDS to make a bright purple Iceman.

+2. Purple is one of the most awesome colors i've ever seen on a guitar.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.