went down to my local store today and sadly I thought it closed at 6 so I only got like 20 mins to play around so I picked up a jackson DKMGT with the reverse headstock. It felt pretty slick, and I wish I had a better amp at home so that I could really compare the pickups to my strat. I was playing through some vox amp and the sales guy kept going on about them being real EMGs, but I know from what ive heard on here that I woudlnt even get the real feel out of them unless its a tube amp and its damn loud no?

It could have been the amp, but it felt like the guitar had tons of sustain even when I was trying to be staccato.

Like I said all I have to compare against is my sss strat. Def wasnt as whole and bluesy sounding, but thats what I want out of it. For what its worth as far as metal is concerned it had a much better tone, but like I said I cant really give any real comparison due to having never used actives, and it being a totally different amp than the one I have. (I have a shoddy solid state amp, and I just krank the gain and the volume on my guitar to get any kind of 'distortion').

Anyway, I really like the feel of jackson necks, but I think when I do go for another guitar that I want a neckthru guitar. The DKMGT I was looking at was going for around 800$, Im willing to go upwards of 1k~ and was wondering if there are any neckthru offerings of this guitar aorund there?

Are you telling me theyre out of dragons?
They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE, FIND ME A DRAGON
If you liked the Dinky, look for a Jackson Soloist with passive pickups in the same price range.

It's basically a neck thru superstrat where the Dinky is a bolt on superstrat.

The passive pickups (Probably Seymour Duncans will get a better blusey/clean tone than the EMGs will)
do the soloists come with the reverse headstock? its not a must-have but its a pretty attractive feature to me :p

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
I don't believe so, but if that's going to stop you from getting the neck thru version then you don't have bad enough GAS >_>
I doubt it will, was just cool on the dkmg i was playing today.

Obviuosly has no effect on anything related to sound so I dont really care, like I said its just a nifty addition.

I just mainly want something more "metal" than my strat. Ive played a soloist before and I do like them, however it was a painted neck and I really want a non finished neck for sliding speed, maybe its just me but my thumb always seems to stick to a painted or finished neck

Guess I just have to find the right model, and it seems Ill have to have it ordered in as jacksons dont seem to popular around my parts. Im in Toronto and if anyone knows of any stores other than steves that carrys a decent selection of jacksons, please let me know.

My electric guitar wants come down to either an Ibanez S prestige or a jackson sinky or soloist of some sort. Trem would be cool but is not a must for me. I like the S's body and tone, but I feel kinda torn between the neck.. it would take a lot of getting used to and immediatly doesnt seem to offer me any benefits. The jackson neck is alot closer to my strat feel, but the fretboard radius is a little diffferent and easier to play imo..

Im gassing hard for a Taylor 200 series acoustic, as well as a blackstar Ht5S amp.. and now another electric.... wish I had more money

They never had dragons..
Who didnt?
The world..
Eh.
Last edited by Himelnator at Jul 5, 2010,