Ok so i built my home studio, I already recorded some tracks, mastered them, mixed them. It sounds alright.

But now i have a question...

i'm gonna record a cover let's say welcome to the jungle by guns and roses.

FIRST i get the backing track (original song without lead guitar (slash))

OR would it sound best if i buy the song's multi tracks. like drum in a track, bass in a track etc.

and then i mix those with my guitar.

or do it with an already mixed backing track?

i'm my own songs I generally mix this way:

PAN:
drums (addictive drums beats) - I leave it at center
bass (myself) - center
rythm guitar doubled (myself) -85% Left - 85% Right
solo guitar (myself) - center
voice (myself) - center
fx - (software) (ocean wave sounds, space sounds, things like pink floyd etc you get the picture) - center

this is the standart when it comes to panning right?
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
^ f***ing awesome

I would pan your rhythm guitars 100% both ways. I know some people do it differently, but it makes for a crowded, muddy mix if they're not hard l/r and you're not really good at mixing already. I'm sure you could get away with it, but it makes more use of the stereo field and a larger sound for the guitar.

As for drums, try panning each drum separately, like how they would be set up so kick and snare center, cymbals around 60 on each side, toms each further right as the pitch is lower.

Lead guitar should be fine center, although, in one of my most recent and best mixes, I double tracked the leads and it sounded huge, so I would recommend that.

I don't really get into panning FX, but I think you're good how you are on those.
hmm, i'll work on panning the drums.

but now what about the backing track & multitrack?

i fear that buying the tracks separetly in the final mix things will not sound as good

and with an already mixed backing track, just by adding the guitar, will sound... hmm.. TRUE.

any opinions?
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD