Are there any good metal bands that doesn't scream or growl?

Page 1 of 3
the title basically says it all. i love metal instrumentals, but i hate screaming and growling. i like an occasional scream or two, but the whole song? i don't get it. does anyone else feel this way? please suggest me some bands that are like this.
Mortician
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
he has an a7x display pic
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Some might not consider them heavy metal but they are goth type metal and the music kicks butt. Check out NIGHTWISH, Especially the older stuff with Tarja singing.

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
Last edited by JohnnyNash at Jul 4, 2010,
dream evil?
Quote by SoftOath
u mean grammar nazi...wait

grammar jesus = grammar nazi...then ....jesus = nazi!!!

omg

Quote by Zugunruhe
*squishes allan143 with a rolled up newspaper*

ok, now everyone can agree that mosquitoes are douchebags.

8/7/09 Night of the Pear II (i was there)
Quote by Hoffinator

what? They're very melodic and the singer is amazing. Plus the lyrics are deep and have real meaning, not just stupid horror/gore stuff most metal bands do.

Sumdeus
definitely look at animals at leaders. Tosin Abasi is an amazing guitarist. Dream Theater is also a great metal band that doesn't need to ruin their music with screaming and growling
Quote by romencer17
what? They're very melodic and the singer is amazing. Plus the lyrics are deep and have real meaning, not just stupid horror/gore stuff most metal bands do.

Very modern production as well, although a bit too clean IMO
try Judas priest, metallica, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Black tide, Iron madien
Steel panther

but seriously screaming can sound pretty ****ing awesome if you can get into it
Quote by Deplorable
Pig Destroyer

Pretty good rec but they do use some growls on occasion. I'd mention something like Amputated Repugnance instead.
Quote by HamburgerBoy
Pretty good rec but they do use some growls on occasion. I'd mention something like Amputated Repugnance instead.

But he said he didn't mind the occasional growl.

Though Amputated Repugnance would be good too.
i guess i'm looking for nu metal, oh and you guys can make fun of me all you want..i really don't give a damn
^ I like Casablanca too.

No mention of Dragonforce yet? I personally feel insulted, being Herman Li's go-to guy.
Quote by 4baileyt
try Judas priest, metallica, Black Sabbath, Black Label Society, Black tide, Iron madien
Steel panther

but seriously screaming can sound pretty ****ing awesome if you can get into it

Fixed.
Quote by PwarDuex

Last edited by fumb duck at Jul 4, 2010,
Quote by fumb duck
Fixed.

Why the fuck would you cross out Judas Priest?

Sumdeus
shit mybad
Quote by PwarDuex

Well Rompeprop have a good singer, and he doesnt scream or growl at all.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by romencer17

There are thousands upon thousands of bands that play extreme styles of music, and you dare to make a comment in which you assume that you know the lyrical content of most said bands?

Dude, ffs, you don't know most '' metal bands '' topics, Cannibal Corpse doesn't count as most of the worlds extreme acts
Quote by ShredHead396
There are thousands upon thousands of bands that play extreme styles of music, and you dare to make a comment in which you assume that you know the lyrical content of most said bands?

It's a pretty accurate statement though, in all honesty, plus I think he was referring to Brutal DM only really.

Quote by ShredHead396
Dude, ffs, you don't know most '' metal bands '' topics, Cannibal Corpse doesn't count as most of the worlds extreme acts

ke?
This thread lacks cheese.

*Runs*
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Deplorable
It's a pretty accurate statement though, in all honesty, plus I think he was referring to Brutal DM only really.

ke?

Quote by ShredHead396

You're a fucking idiot. I guess I really have to explain this to you since you're too thick to read the fucking thread.

I first posted "mortician" in respone to the OP to be an ironic asshole. He asked for bands with clean vocals, and I posted Mortician, a band infamous for their brutal riffing, crazy blasting and insanely brutal vocals. Then another guy laughed at my post because of what a ridiculous answer it was, and I continued my trolling by pretending like Mortician is a melodic death metal band with clean vocals. Fucking christ, don't start crying because you just happened to read two sentences that you disagree with, you totally missed the whole context of the thing.

Sumdeus
^ I don't really care, you don't know most heavy acts lyrical topics, and, due to the earths vast number of extreme bands, i dare say you never will
I don't care if you were trolling or not, your still incorrect

EDIT: And, you know, in all honesty, it sounds like your the one doing all the crying here, i was just pointing out the flaw in your statement
Last edited by ShredHead396 at Jul 5, 2010,
Also, TS, yes of course, many, though i do not know many of that i actually like

Nightwish
Xandria
Symphony X
Yngwie Malmsteen
Blind Guardian
Cellador

Try those out, some real gems there
Quote by ShredHead396
^ I don't really care, you don't know most heavy acts lyrical topics, and, due to the earths vast number of extreme bands, i dare say you never will
I don't care if you were trolling or not, your still incorrect

EDIT: And, you know, in all honesty, it sounds like your the one doing all the crying here, i was just pointing out the flaw in your statement

Page 1 of 3