Hey Guys, need a little advice!
Having resently gone from electric to acoustic guitar i and having a little trouble when changing between Bar Chords. I keep getting a terrible squeaking sounds whilst changing!
I'm sure theres a something really simply that i;m doing wrong!
Any suggestions?

Andy
String squeak is pretty natural and unavoidable...mostly I'd say make sure you aren't putting much pressure on the strings when sliding your barre chord shape.
new strtings help make it less..but thats an acoustic for ya.
White/Cream Faded 1966 Stratocaster
100 Watt All-Tube JVM410H
1960 Lead Cab-B
-------------------------------------------------
There are a few string lubricants out there that declare they can make all string noise go away. I never used one, since I've always kind of enjoyed the squeaking a little. To me, the small squeaks here and there make it sound much more authentic and real. If the squeak was gone, I'd just as quickly assume it was digitally processed.

Although you could try out coated strings, such as Elixir or D'Addario EXP. The coating on them tends to at least lessen the squeaking. But its almost impossible to COMPLETELY get rid of it.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Although you could try out coated strings, such as Elixir or D'Addario EXP. The coating on them tends to at least lessen the squeaking. But its almost impossible to COMPLETELY get rid of it.

This.
honestly i wouldn't worry about it, but if worry you must, and elixers don't do it for you, try a set of flatwound strings.