So to my surprise, it shipped a few days early, which means I get to play it before I leave for vacation!!! WOOOO!!

PRS SE Torero: $843 thanks to GC coupons! I got 20% off, so I saved nearly 300 bucks on this bad boy.

Pics are reversed and not great quality because I just used bult in camera on my macbook.
Oh and trem arm is obviously not screwed in yet at the time of the pics.

Review:
Much more versatile than I expected. The only thing it doesn't really do is blues, but that is what I have my stratocaster for. The active EMG's 81/85 sound incredible. The sustain on this thing is great. I play a lot of Metallica and I can't name one guitar at this price that will sound so good for that. The cleans have a great shimmery, crisp tone that I love on the bridge poition, yet can still produce a warm clean tone on the neck position. The middle switch is awesome for finger picked songs. The low action is great for soloing, accompanied by 24 frets on a 25.5" scale, with phenomenal access to high frets by the cutaway. It is very comfortable to play for me. The flat surface on the body is something I like in guitars (like my strat). That was one of the main differences in the feel of this compared to a Les Paul. Nice, thin neck profile. The volume/control knobs and pickup selector switch do not get in the way like they sometimes do on strats (especially when on the neck position), but depending on how the trem arm is positioned, you have to sacrifice quick access to one of the knobs. That's the only issue I have found yet. I love the floyd rose set up though.

EDIT: One thing that I regret not doing with my strat is guitar maintenance. It is aging too quickly, because all I ever do for it is wipe it down with a clean cloth (when changing strings) to remove dust/whatnot from the fretboard and keep the body relatively clean. What do you suggest I do (for both guitars)? I've seen many products at GC and the local music shop, but they seem very expensive.

EDIT2: What strings do stock Torero's come with? I like them, but don't know what they are. And what other strings work well with floyd rose system?
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Last edited by gatechballer at Jul 5, 2010,
Nice axe dude. Enjoy!
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Nice guitar. Ruined by the pickups though
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by GODhimself37
Nice guitar. Ruined by the pickups though

Why?? What don't you like about the 81/85's?
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Quote by gatechballer
Why?? What don't you like about the 81/85's?

Just personal taste. Way too tight and compressed. Needs moar versatility.

edit: if you want to take care of your frets/fretboard (i.e. - guitar maintenance), when you change the strings cover up the fretboard wood with masking tape and polish the frets with steel wool (get a magnet and/or air compressor to remove shavings) and when you are done spray on some fretboard conditioner for the neck. Let dry or wipe off then apply new strings. Other than that all you really need to do is wipe the body clean of dust or dirt and you are good to go. Music stores sell polish though if you want to make it unnecessarily shiny. Also every couple years or so spray your pots with contact cleaner and stuff to take care of your insides. Other than that just don't throw it around and it should be fine.

Last edited by GODhimself37 at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by GODhimself37
Just personal taste. Way too tight and compressed. Needs moar versatility.

edit: if you want to take care of your frets/fretboard (i.e. - guitar maintenance), when you change the strings cover up the fretboard wood with masking tape and polish the frets with steel wool (get a magnet and/or air compressor to remove shavings) and when you are done spray on some fretboard conditioner for the neck. Let dry or wipe off then apply new strings. Other than that all you really need to do is wipe the body clean of dust or dirt and you are good to go. Music stores sell polish though if you want to make it unnecessarily shiny. Also every couple years or so spray your pots with contact cleaner and stuff to take care of your insides. Other than that just don't throw it around and it should be fine.

Alright thanks....Now, I've heard that it is "better" to change floyd rose strings one at a time, but this doesn't seem like it'd make a difference, just because it's a floyd rose. Obviously how you suggested I clean the frets, I remove all strings at once. Does it really make a difference?
Quote by sadSTATUE

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Quote by gatechballer
Alright thanks....Now, I've heard that it is "better" to change floyd rose strings one at a time, but this doesn't seem like it'd make a difference, just because it's a floyd rose. Obviously how you suggested I clean the frets, I remove all strings at once. Does it really make a difference?

Removing all the strings? No it doesn't. It can, but that's if you leave the guitar without strings for a long time. For example a week or so. But you obviously won't be doing that, and the effects of leaving it stringless for a while are reversible.

edit: btw don't do the fret cleaning every time you change strings. I recommend once every couple of months. all it does is remove dirt and grime and it makes them really shiny. but condition your fretboard every time you change the strings

Last edited by GODhimself37 at Jul 5, 2010,
Awesome HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
I like everything in Torero except the actives, and there should have been inlays, at least one at the 12th fret. I played it, beautiful guitar.
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
What is this? a fellow Techie?

HNGD! Tho I don't like actives either.. just personal preference (:
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
Quote by metalter
I like everything in Torero except the actives, and there should have been inlays, at least one at the 12th fret. I played it, beautiful guitar.

I somewhat agree with the inlays. I think it will actually help my soloing to get used to playing without em because I'll get more used to position on the fretboard rather than what it looks like. But I agree, the octave inlay would've been a nice feature at least.
Quote by sadSTATUE

Quote by Unknown_Biskit

Quote by gatechballer
I somewhat agree with the inlays. I think it will actually help my soloing to get used to playing without em because I'll get more used to position on the fretboard rather than what it looks like. But I agree, the octave inlay would've been a nice feature at least.

I agree. Without inlays (exluding octaves) you are more prone to play things on other frets asides from the ones with inlays. i have noticed I like to stick to the inlays just because they are easier to see. A habit i wish to break

Quote by gatechballer

Pics are reversed and not great quality because I just used built in camera on my macbook.

i hate that part of this review

but anyway NIICE NGD man they should make those in 8s, and lefty
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Oh btw as far as reversing goes for your mac, open up photo booth and click "edit" then "auto flip photos".