I've got one Inc, curious how it would fare with my current gear. I've got a mason od808, mason 10 band, spawn cab with sb's. I know the cab is traditional, etc.
Guitars
Amps
Yeah.
Exactly.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I'm not really experienced with a lot of different gear, but splawn cabs are pretty sick, what are sb's?

I've heard good things about the mason od808, so it should offer a good boost for solos or whatever.

Honestly, what I would suggest is playing around with it WITHOUT any of your pedals, then if you feel a need to use the mason eq, hook it up. You may find out you don't need the boost or the 10 band eq.
Last edited by whatadrag at Jul 5, 2010,
a mesa rectifier cab goes good with it,

i know that maxon goes good with a dual rectifier so i would think i would go good with the 6505
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
All those things would work fine. I do agree that you should spend a lot of time with just the guitar and amp.
When you're satisfied that you've wrung every possible sound out of it on it's own, then start adding pedals. It'll help your skill with the amp itself tremendously.

You'll probably need a noise gate (Decimators are good) to run in the loop to tame the dreaded Peavey hiss more than anything else.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by mcamp1230
A blow job

True.. But wouldn't that go well with anything?
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Schecter Hellraiser DLX
ESP MH-401
Bugera 6260
2x12 made by a local guy, now loaded with an Eminence Texas Heat and Man O War
MXR 10-band EQ
If you use an overdrive with the 5150/6505 whatever its really only important for use as a mids boost (mids distort best so you push mids into the amp, it distorts them then eq's them (the 6505 has the EQ stage after the preamp gain stages) back to whatever you want, the result is generally awesome...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
whatadrag is right the only thing you really need with a 5150/6505 is a noise gate and an EQ, and you can get away without an EQ but one in the loop really brings the amp to life