....I wanna see something awkward and heartwarming, like "Youth In Revolt." I saw it this past week and I've been craving a similar experience ever since. Something deep, like "The Wackness," and with the underlying love story, too.

Maybe "500 Days of Summer"??? Is it any good?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Oh... I thought you were gonna ask for a good movie, cuz then I was gonna say City of God, but then I read your post.....so i got nothing
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
Quote by Spartan101400
Awkward and Heartwarming?

Sling Blade

THIS
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

(500) Days Of Summer is excellent. I wouldn't call it heartwarming, and I never saw Youth in Revolt, but yeah, watch it. Its really good.
A movie similar to a Michael Cera movie?

Another Michael Cera movie. Juno is the best because he isn't the main character >_>

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Juno. Nora's Infinite Playlist.

Michael Cera = Awkward

Cute girls battling teenage issues =sometimes= heartwarming.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Michael Cera is just weird. I can't stand him to be honest.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Spartan101400
Awkward and Heartwarming?

Sling Blade

Jesus Christ, this.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by RockGuitar92
Michael Cera is just weird. I can't stand him to be honest.

I saw a preview for a new movie he is starring in today at the theaters. It seems pretty clever; probably the only movie I'll enjoy enjoy him in. That is until the Arrested Development movie comes out. Hopefully.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Beakwithteeth
What a coincidence one time I ****ed your cousin in the eye.
Quote by Jmoarguitar
if you want a deep movie, watch Into The Wild, wicked soundtrack too. I don't really watch love stories because they are way too cliche.

I've already seen Into the Wild, and it's amazing.

And I agree on the "love stories being cliche" bit but they give me a little escape from the ridiculously crude and disgusting and downright shitty way that the world actually operates, so I kinda like them.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Well.......
The Room.

+1000ooo000ooo

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is awesome, too.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by dudetheman
I've already seen Into the Wild, and it's amazing.

And I agree on the "love stories being cliche" bit but they give me a little escape from the ridiculously crude and disgusting and downright shitty way that the world actually operates, so I kinda like them.

Then you should watch Juno if you haven't already. It's half reality and half cliche.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Rocket Science is a pretty good one too.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power

Watch it. You will not be disappointed.

Don't watch "500 Days of Summer". It was so over hyped. Anyways make sure to watch "Me and You and Everyone We Know".
I 500 Days Of Summer. It's the shit.

Hot Rod might do you, I don't know though.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
For my Michael Cera contribution, I recommend Paper Heart.

I <3 Charlyne Yi

A Clockwork Orange is also a very awkward/heartwarming movie.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Actually, Harold and Maude is probably the most awkwardly heartwarming movie i've ever seen in my life.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
If anyone knows of some good horror that involves hot school girls, you know, like 5ive Girls, then that would be pretty sweet

Strange Occult themed plot + spanking teenage school girls on the bottom usually makes for a good watch
Quote by dudetheman

I don't know about the "awkward" bit, but Stardust is positively heart-warming every time I see it. Great way to lift your spirits.

Are you looking for romance type stuff mostly? I just watched TiMER recently and have to say I enjoyed it quite a bit despite it being a rom-com (usually not a fan), though one plot point bugged me.

If you just want heart-warming but don't necessarily need the romance, watch any Miyazaki or Pixar movie you have not yet seen Just watched My Neighbor Totoro again recently (had to after seeing him make a cameo in Toy Story 3) and find I am still amazed at how such a simple, innocent story with almost no action or momentum can be so incredibly lovable and charming and easy to watch.

And you have probably seen it already, but Adventureland is exactly what you are looking for imo. Most Judd Apatow movies (and especially his TV shows, which are even better) also qualify.

For something more "crazy and insane and confusing" but also lovable, kind of, definitely check out Jeux d'enfants. It has Marion Cotillard, and she is fucking beautiful. Is stylistically similar to Amélie, albeit far darker and less heart-warming. On that note, if you or anyone else in here hasn't seen Amélie yet, get off your ass and do so immediately.

Hmmm.... yeah that's all I've got for the moment. Could probably recommend a few more if you provided additional criteria, but check out the above for now.
Last edited by bajeda at Jul 5, 2010,
The Prestige.

I don't know about heartwarming, but that movie's led to an ackward moment or two.
Black Dynamite or The Room
Quote by Spartan070sarge
Rubixcuba. I like that.

Quote by Fenderhippie69
Orange amps FTW!
i say The darjeeling limited

but it may just because thats the last movie i have seen properly
Llama

On

Llama
Its not really awkward, and it is quite far removed from the movies everyone has suggested so far, but i have recently watched True Romance, and it features one of the few movie couples that i can stand, because they have a certain charisma and magnetism that makes you want to root for them. Also, i can see similarities between the film and Max Payne (not the movie adaptation, the game), so if you want a love story with action and violence thrown in, which manages to be somewhat heartwarming at the same time, i say go for that.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
movies i recommend you watch.

adventureland
zombieland
500 days of summer
norahs infinite play list.
Fuck it.
Stardust. I fudging love that film

EDIT: I'm 18, male, told I'm quite mature for my age, but that, that's a cool film. Loads of good actors too and the lead actress, well, I would.
Last edited by leg end at Jul 5, 2010,