well I am about to start in an AP Lit class and for the first day their making us learn more than 150 biblical and mythological terms (not claiming its unfair, or bad, cause I actually wanna know these) and me and my friends looking for some good movies to help us remember them and put them to context.

they're just basically greek mythological and biblical references, any good movies you guys would know about would be cool, we watched Troy the other day and it help get some off the list, and we're going to watch the Odyssey which should get us through 3/4 of the mythology references , but we still have quite a bit to go, (maybe one with some of the gods)

well lets see if the pit can help
For Biblical references Ben Hur would probably be the way to go. For Greek mythology, how 'bout Clash of the Titans? If nothing else you will know what a Kraken is!
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Jul 5, 2010,
Definitely Ben-Hur. Maybe The Ten Commandments as well.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Quote by supersac
play god of war
thats where i lerned all my mythological stuff

Honestly I learned a lot from playing God of War

Plus it was one of the only video games I've ever liked
Your school starts in a week!?! That's awful! Then again, you have like 10 months to prepare for the AP test so that's kind of nice.
Quote by Dirge Humani
First of all...

Secondly, you could, you know, try reading the Bible or something.

Sorry xD, I'm kinda tired it's not my fault :l. And that takes a little longer than I would like. By the end it would be way too much and it would just blank me out for the rest. We just need a basic understanding of the references so movies would really help. If it needed to be I would read all of the stories to know it all, but we're not being asked to and doing all that would just fill me up with too much and make me do bad in the test xD.

Quote by Castlebravo
Your school starts in a week!?! That's awful! Then again, you have like 10 months to prepare for the AP test so that's kind of nice.

It doesn't we get 2 more weeks and 2 days, but I am going on vacation the next week, I'm going to try to study the references but I don't really know how much of it I will get.
Quote by supersac
play god of war
thats where i lerned all my mythological stuff

I never thought that gratuitous lesbian sex scenes were part of Greek mythology.
Quote by In The Mist
I never thought that gratuitous lesbian sex scenes were part of Greek mythology.

Of course it wasn't, Greece was only famous for male homosexuality.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Watch Pulp Fiction, it's only one reference to the bible (and isn't 100% accurate) but it's the best damn line in movie history.
Quote by rgrockr
Of course it wasn't, Greece was only famous for male homosexuality.

I know right? Why couldn't they have Kratos and Dionysus riding the train to Browntown?
Quote by In The Mist

There's no such thing as gratuitous lesbian sex.
You could always watch Ceasar. It's literature and Greek-roaman Mythology in one.

Also I found a list of movies on Wikipedia about Greeco-Roman mythology. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_Greco-Roman_mythology
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Disneys Hercules... that is all. also see : 300
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Quote by In The Mist
I know right? Why couldn't they have Kratos and Dionysus riding the train to Browntown?

Who would play THAT game?