i recently bought Ibanez S09LTD2 guitar.When i inserted the tremolo arm in the socket it just goes in and when i m turning my guitar upside down it falls off on the floor.please help
I'm not exactly an expert on that trem, but doesn't it have a little clip that locks into a ridge in the bar? Are you sure you're pushing it in all the way?
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
ZR has a screw in arm not a push in so don't try to force it in then you will damage the arm and the socket. Just put the arm in to he bottom and screw it in. Sometimes you might need to wiggle it a little bit.
There should be a little sort of collar around where the bar goes into the trem, tighten that and it should stay in place.
Did you lose this by any chance?

Quote by JagerSlushy
I'm not exactly an expert on that trem, but doesn't it have a little clip that locks into a ridge in the bar? Are you sure you're pushing it in all the way?

Unfortunately, that's the ZR2.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 5, 2010,
But that is just to adjust the torque. Even without the torque adjustment screw the arm should stay in the guitar since you screw it into the socket.
Quote by Sledgeman
But that is just to adjust the torque. Even without the torque adjustment screw the arm should stay in the guitar since you screw it into the socket.

But you don't screw it into the socket. It just goes in, but it's a snug fit.
Does it have any little clips, or knobs to turn? If so, play with them until it locks in.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Ignite
But you don't screw it into the socket. It just goes in, but it's a snug fit.

The first ZR do have a screw-in arm with a torque screw. ZR-2 and Edge Zero has pop-in arms with a torque screw. I have an S-series with ZR myself and i have not imagined myself screwing in the arm every time.
I guess they changed this on the 2010 models, as I have a ZR trem myself, and the arm just slides in the socket. The only thing to tighten it is the torque screw... hmmm...

edit:
Well in that case, I don't see why TS just doesn't screw his arm into the arm socket.
Last edited by Ignite at Jul 5, 2010,
Put in arm......Push arm down towards the body (like a divebomb).........and walah, a allen key screw becomes visible........tighten this ......job done!
Quote by Sledgeman
The first ZR do have a screw-in arm with a torque screw. ZR-2 and Edge Zero has pop-in arms with a torque screw. I have an S-series with ZR myself and i have not imagined myself screwing in the arm every time.

you're right there,there were two versions of the ZR trem,one with the hex adjuster and the screw in arm and the other with the thumbwheel and the screw in arm..neither of them had the pop in bar,the one with the pop in bar is the ZR2...

But ignite,IDK know if they've updated the arm in new 2010 ZR's..if it has the pop bar it would make it ZR2

EDIT : I took a look at their website and Yes,the ZR trem on the new S770pb is an improved version of the ZR2 bridge..so thats better than the one you get on the prestige(only the bridge.not the ZPS system)!!so it has the pop in bar

The ZR bridge is the same as the ZR-2’s, but with a newly improved tremolo arm with ball bearings for more smooth and stable arming. And the new arm socket enables easier torque control. Also includes the standard Zero Point System for enabling perfect return to pitch.

note the difference on the arm holder

Last edited by archenemyfan at Jul 5, 2010,
1st off lets identify your guitar

which means you have this bridge

the arm

it`s a screw in type, which given your problem i`d say you`ve stripped the thread on either the arm or socket

Hello

First of all apolgize me for reviving such and old thread but I need help related to this matter.

I have a new S420 (think is 2010 version). I have no idea wich ZR trem version it has, I think is ZR2.

The problem is that I have been trying A LOT! to put the tremolo bar inside the socket but I can't, it seems to be imposible and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break it if i keep trying without asking.

As you can see in the images attached, my tremolo bar has the plug-in (white plastic thing) that should be inserted into the socket before starting to screw it, but I've done a lot of preassure to it with no luck.

How should I insert my tremolo bar?
Does the the white thing have to be inside the socket?

Any help will be appreciated!
Attachments:
imagen022.jpg
imagen023.jpg