so i got this guitar at a yard sale, and it's in bad condition, but nowhere are there markings of any sort, and i can't find any information about it.

so maybe, if i post a few pictures, we can uncover some information.

photos in a few seconds.
looks like they took some sandpaper across the entire guitar. hope you got it for next to nothing looking like that
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Hold on...lemme take the knife out of my heart....and the acid out me eyes...thats an eye sore.

Has an epiphone inlay...but not headstock...
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Koshman32
looks like they took some sandpaper across the entire guitar. hope you got it for next to nothing looking like that

got it for a solid 50.00
Quote by BrokenDstring
Hold on...lemme take the knife out of my heart....and the acid out me eyes...thats an eye sore.

Has an epiphone inlay...but not headstock...

i noticed that, but it looks more like a gibson inlay.
gibson headstock too.
looks really cool, but i'd put money on it being an old japanese / asian copy. besides the body shape and vague headstock there's really nothing gibson or epiphone about it. definitely a cool pick up though! some cleaning and that thing's going to look awesome
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
looks really cool, but i'd put money on it being an old japanese / asian copy. besides the body shape and vague headstock there's really nothing gibson or epiphone about it. definitely a cool pick up though! some cleaning and that thing's going to look awesome

Id love to get some cheap parts for it, but everywhere i look is more than i can afford.

new pickups, hardware, etc.
lol

but im thinking, strip it completely bare, paint it black, add a racing stripe down the middle like neck to bridge, and clean it up reall nice like.
PLENTY of department store brands put out Asian (usually Japanese) guitars. Silvertone, Teisco, put out a lot of their own designs, but plenty of brands put out "Lawsuit copies", which were copies of Gibsons and Fenders back in the '60s and '70s when they were extremely popular and guitar copying had never been adressed as an issue before.

I've seen tons of copy SGs from brands like Marlin, Kay, it could be a brand like Harmony, I think I've seen an Arbor before too...

whatever it is, you've got yourself a cool bolt-on (IMO a plus!) SG lookalike, probably Japanese made, and in good shape with fancy inlays. I hope you can set it up nice and make one hell of a player out of it!