Hello : O

When I try to slap I only get the slap sound with new strings... after they get like 2-3 old weeks I dont get the slap sound anymore

Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have special strings for slapping?

thx
Quote by Zooku
Hello : O

When I try to slap I only get the slap sound with new strings... after they get like 2-3 old weeks I dont get the slap sound anymore

Am I doing something wrong? Or do you have special strings for slapping?

thx

There's no special strings for slapping, but stainless steel strings will give you a more percussive sound. I think it's more to do with your technique than the strings, or you're assuming strings will sound like brand new forever.
Last edited by Skeletomania at Jul 5, 2010,
It's probably your technique that need some work instead of the strings.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
What strings are you using? Some last longer than others. Anyway, yes you'll lose the slap tone with dead strings. Nothing you can do about it. Unless you boil them or buy new ones.
2-3 weeks isn't time for strings to go dead. Some of my basses have had strings on them for over 3 years. Its definitely a question of technique here. All i can say is make sure you're slapping close to or on the neck and that you work on the strength of your slapping.
Le Sraah
Quote by SpacedOut
2-3 weeks isn't time for strings to go dead. Some of my basses have had strings on them for over 3 years. Its definitely a question of technique here. All i can say is make sure you're slapping close to or on the neck and that you work on the strength of your slapping.

Im sorry, but if you play bass about half an hour a day for 3 years, your strings will be dead. I dont care what kind they are
Did I say those strings weren't dead? And did I say i played them every day? No

I wasn't talking about my strings I was saying that strings dont go dead in 2-3 weeks.
Le Sraah
Quote by tubatom868686
Im sorry, but if you play bass about half an hour a day for 3 years, your strings will be dead. I dont care what kind they are

And who says dead is a bad thing?

TS: Technique. If I can slap on a £80 bass with 5 year old strings, you can on yours.

Gotta say, didn't sound as good as fresh steels on my Warwick though
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Unless you play for like 18 hours a day I doubt its the strings (unless you buy really bad cheap ones).

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I had that problem with my old bass, that was just a cheap bass, the very first one I got. now that I have a fender jazz, I don't have that problem. maybe it's your bass. otherwhise you could try boosting the treble.
Okey thank you guys, Im pretty sure its my technique but im not really sure what im doing wrong :S
Quote by tubatom868686
You need Elixers my friend

THIS.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
THIS.

To be honest, I got em... But I im pretty sure its something im doing wrong, but I dont get what Im doing wrong...