Page 1 of 2
Fuck yeah.

Sections of the media made it out to be a place for "child-hating ogres", according to one estate agent.

Residents of Firhall, built in the early Noughties on the outskirts of Nairn in the Highlands, must abide by certain rules.

The deeds for their properties prohibit the keeping of ducks, rabbits, pigeons and bees.

Households are allowed to have one dog - but controversially no resident children.

To own a house in Firhall you must be over 45 years old.

Grandchildren and the children of friends can visit and stay, but there are even limits on how often this happens.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/10476754.stm

Pretty awesome. Would you move there? Oh and do you think places like this will be more common? Maybe not the child-free thing but like [thing]-free something?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That sounds so incredibly depressing.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
over 45s only?!

Dammit I would move there in an instant. I don't even have kids and all I hear are my neighbours kids whining or crying or... crying, and more crying. Ugh.
What happens if one of them gets pregnant?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
this would be an awesome place for a to catch a predator special ...

edit: damnit. i knew i should've said inb4 xenophobia.
#DTWD
If they made an immigrant free village, I'd move there.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Old people get annoyed when I arrive at home at 5:00 AM with some girls and make noise?
Not my problem.
Just sounds like a glorified retirement villa to me.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........
That, to me, seems discrimination of age.

Every human being has rights, even if you are a minor. even though it does seem pretty funny, it also seems pretty ethically incorrect.
If one smart 10-year old with the help of a good lawyer stands up and goes to the European Court to demand that this stops, they will win. No doubt.
*stupid 09'er*

this space is for rent. PM me for rates
Sounds horrible, like everyone else would be the kind of people who take part in neighbourhood community efforts and give out to you for not cutting your grass once a fortnight and send passive aggressive letters hand delivered through the letterbox saying asking you to "please paint your door a colour agreed upon in the homeowner's annual, Smilyface"
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Eviction. They're all over 45 anyway.

People over 45 can still get pregnant...
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by xl999

Every human being has rights, even if you are a minor. even though it does seem pretty funny, it also seems pretty ethically incorrect.
If one smart 10-year old with the help of a good lawyer stands up and goes to the European Court to demand that this stops, they will win. No doubt.

You might be right but I can't imagine anyone under 40 willing to live in a place like that
These adults could well be as irritating as children. Hm.

On the other hand children and their sounds of playful joy in the neighbourhood infuriate me. I'll consider it
I can take a road that'll see me through.
Quote by xl999

If I was a judge I'd say bohoo and order the kid to go to bed. Problem, human rights commite?

Quote by Ur all $h1t
Sounds horrible, like everyone else would be the kind of people who take part in neighbourhood community efforts and give out to you for not cutting your grass once a fortnight and send passive aggressive letters hand delivered through the letterbox saying asking you to "please paint your door a colour agreed upon in the homeowner's annual, Smilyface"

Nah I'm sure they're a lovely bunch. Who just happens to hate kids and everyone involved with them.
Quote by TheBurningFish
If they made an immigrant free village, I'd move there.

Ooh i get it...
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
The deeds for their properties prohibit the keeping of ducks, etc.

Fuck dat shit.

As much as I dislike being woken up by playing kids at eight in the morning on a saturday (not to mention the sounds the cats make when raping each other in front of my window), I have the feeling this is probably the most uptight community ever. What's the point of living there if I can't even drive a motorcycle into a swimming pool buck naked?
Quote by TheQuailman
Fuck dat shit.

As much as I dislike being woken up by playing kids at eight in the morning on a saturday (not to mention the sounds the cats make when raping each other in front of my window), I have the feeling this is probably the most uptight community ever. What's the point of living there if I can't even drive a motorcycle into a swimming pool buck naked?

I have a feeling being naked in public is one of the reasons they banned kids.
Seems fair. Kids are annoying.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
But who would I prey upon if there were no children, disabled people or old people?
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by Kensai
I have a feeling being naked in public is one of the reasons they banned kids.

Yep. A naked 4-year old boy sure is intimidating.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by TheQuailman
Yep. A naked 4-year old boy sure is intimidating.

I mean being able to go ouside naked without being reported to the police for exposing yourself to children.

... damn neighbourhood watch
Quote by Kensai
Fuck yeah.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/10476754.stm

Pretty awesome. Would you move there? Oh and do you think places like this will be more common? Maybe not the child-free thing but like [thing]-free something?

I would love it. I mean, I love my nieces and nephew, but neighborhood kids are annoying as shit these days. Most of the ones in my current neighborhood that are not still in the toddler phase are undisciplined little bastards that get away with murder. I'd imagine many of those that are still in the toddler phase will be much the same way when they get older. Too many parents these days are pussies and let their children do whatever they want without consequence.
No kids? I'd never get my leg over.

Quote by xl999

No, no they really wouldn't, mainly on the basis that the ECHR says nothing about freedom of movement - not to mention the freedom to live wherever one wants.
Last edited by webbtje at Jul 5, 2010,
You Brits are just getting around to this? We have communities like this all over the place.
How 3rd world of you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
You Brits are just getting around to this? We have communities like this all over the place.
How 3rd world of you.

Retirement castles don't count.
F*ck yeah, I would. Once my kids are all moved out it'll be a hell of a place to retire to.. They can still visit.

Local children are personified hate.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
over 45s only?!

Dammit I would move there in an instant. I don't even have kids and all I hear are my neighbours kids whining or crying or... crying, and more crying. Ugh.

QQ moar

Hell, I have to live in the same house with a 5 year old and I don't complain as much as you.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by LordBishek
Hey look, it's that fool of a frontman from the Lostprophets

I know someone who used to shag him. Just to confirm, he really is a cunt.
Page 1 of 2