will it help if you just sing along with songs? do you have to do the nay nay stuff
The first thing to remember is that it's very rare for someone's voice to sound the same to themself as they do to everyone else, including pitch. If you can, use a sound recorder of some kind and listen back to yourself singing and see what you think.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by WarriorArtist94
The first thing to remember is that it's very rare for someone's voice to sound the same to themself as they do to everyone else, including pitch. If you can, use a sound recorder of some kind and listen back to yourself singing and see what you think.

hmmm, okay i'll try that!
Umm, lots of people benefit from the "nay nay stuff," but it really just depends on the person. The only issues with just singing songs are the fact that you'll probably try desperately to sound like the person on the record, and also the song probably only encompasses a limited range of tones.
Quote by WarriorArtist94
i'm not sure what you mean by choppy?

like a fret buzz on your guitar but not so loud, you know what i mean?

if you would compare it to a surface, it's like a dirt track and i would like a formula one track haha i suck at explaining
Singing along to songs will teach you.... songs. You will probably improve your pitch.

But learning to sing isn't about that. At least, it shouldn't be. Learning to sing is about learning how to produce the voice in such a way that you will maximize the potential of your voice, improve tone, and to ensure that you don't damage your vocal cords. You won't get *any* of that by singing along to the radio. You will only get that from lessons with someone who knows what they are doing.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by ashley7000

if you would compare it to a surface, it's like a dirt track and i would like a formula one track haha i suck at explaining

kind of like a gravally sound? like when someone is talking, run out of breath and trail off into that grainy, rough sound? If thats it, then the biggest problem is probably that your not getting enough air while you're singing.

Have you ever looked into diaphramic breathing? it helps a ton, especially with the buzzy sound you're hearing. Basically what is does is teach you how to breath so you are getting more air into your lungs. I just learned how to do this about a week ago, and its already helping me a ton.
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"
Quote by ashley7000

I know exactly what you're talking about. Your cords are trying to coordinate themselves so they can vibrate along their length, given the amount of airflow you're using. My suggestion would be to sing in those gravelly spots as much as possible, even letting them sound gravelly, and you'll naturally adjust to how much air you should be using when you get to those notes. It becomes muscle memory.
Quote by ashley7000

I'm not sure what you're asking here. Most of the time, dirt tracks are smoother than asphalt. They're normally tacky for maximum grip. I know that this is kind of off topic, but I race on dirt so I know what its like.
it's not really to do with that, she just wants her voice to be smoother.
Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?

http://www.youtube.com/user/Joeseffel

Quote by smcstoronto1234

So very true...
Quote by sites.nick
kind of like a gravally sound? like when someone is talking, run out of breath and trail off into that grainy, rough sound? If thats it, then the biggest problem is probably that your not getting enough air while you're singing.

Have you ever looked into diaphramic breathing? it helps a ton, especially with the buzzy sound you're hearing. Basically what is does is teach you how to breath so you are getting more air into your lungs. I just learned how to do this about a week ago, and its already helping me a ton.

Whats this diaphragmatic breathing you speak of?
and how do you do so?