Page 1 of 5
http://community.todaymoms.com/_news/2010/06/28/4577181-toy-story-3-called-damaging-full-of-careless-sexism

ALRIGHT YOU SEXIST PIGS, LISTEN HERE.

There is an ANGRY MOTHER, who is SHOCKED and APPALLED at the amount of rampant sexism in Toy Story 3.

Quote by Angry Mum Bloggers United
Parents are taking their children to "Toy Story 3" in droves -- it surpassed $200 million at the box office last weekend.

But are they subjecting their kids to what one writer calls "damaging gender and sexuality norms"?

Natalie Wilson, of Ms. Magazine, argues that the film runs rampant with "careless sexism."

There are few females in the film -- Bo Peep is "inexplicably" missing -- and the ones that are present are either too talkative (Mrs. Potato Head), stupid (Barbie) or driven partly by a desire to find love (Jessie), she writes.

She writes: "Out of seven new toy characters, only one is female–the purple octopus whose scant dialogue is voiced by Whoopi Goldberg. This is far worse than the average gender ratio in children’s media of one-female-to-every-three-males documented by The Geena Davis Institute on Gender and Media. And these ratios have a real effect: Decades of research shows that kids who grow up watching sexist shows are more likely to internalize stereotypical ideas of what men and women are supposed to be like."

Do you agree that "Toy Story 3" is damaging and male-centric? Does this make you pause before taking your children to see the Disney/Pixar film?

Let's break this shit down, you MALE-CHAUVINIST DOGS!

There are few females in the film -- Bo Peep is "inexplicably" missing

UN-BE-FUCKING-LIEVABLE!
Bo Peep has ALWAYS been a central character of Toy Story! It's just unjustifiable, the way she was just cut out. You know how they "justified" it? By blaming a YARD SALE!
The NERVE!
How could they just shrug off Bo Peep like that, as though she had almost nothing to contribute in the previous two movies?!
Next thing you know, they'll claim it's because Andy is a MALE TEENAGER? And that "of course" he'd no longer want to play with Bo?
Well, that's just even MORE evidence of MALE-CHAUVINISTIC SEXISM!

and the ones that are present are either too talkative (Mrs. Potato Head)
If you didn't know, Mrs. Potato Head is played by Estelle Harris. You may know this GLORIOUS MODEL FOR THE FEMALE MOVEMENT as Estelle Costanza, from Seinfeld. We all recognise her for her shrill, grating voice, constantly yelling at everyone and everything. TRUE FEMINIST GLORY, SEIG HEIL!
Truly, there really isn't much of a problem here. EXCEPT! That while Mrs. Potato Head was constantly talking and shrieking, it WASN'T ABOUT THE FEMINIST MOVEMENT!
HOW WILL OUR CHILDREN LEARN THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE?!

stupid (Barbie)
I don't CARE that Barbie has always been portrayed as a ditzy, narcissistic blonde! THIS IS SEXIST. Disney SHOULD have flipped things around, and made her a GLORIOUS MODEL FOR THE FEMALE MOVEMENT. In fact, I BELIEVE, Barbie should have been voiced by Estelle Harris too! MAYBE THEN, the message could have gotten spread.
NOW, some CHAUVINIST BASTARDS might argue that Ken is just as ditzy and narcissistic as Barbie, if not more. And that Barbie actually outsmarted Ken and is thus arguably more intelligent.
BUT THIS IS ALL IRRELEVANT.
Why?
Because Barbie is BLONDE.
She DOESN'T have a CREW CUT.
She is THIN.
...And she PROBABLY WEARS A BRA.

or driven partly by a desire to find love (Jessie)
Disgusting.
A woman should not be seeking romance. She should be seeking MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIGS to BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF! She is a TERRIBLE example to the GLORIOUS FEMINIST MOVEMENT. It's not like she's a ROUGH and TOUGH gal, with the ability to BEAT up MALE PIG DOGS, with handy survival skills, good at doing a tough MANS job like RUSTLIN' COWS! And it's not like she wears MALE, TARTAN CLOTHES.
No, she is just as DITZY as the rest, a truly SEXIST REPRESENTATION.

Out of seven new toy characters, only one is female–the purple octopus whose scant dialogue is voiced by Whoopi Goldberg.
I only saw up to the part where the Octopus came in.
AT THIS POINT, I had decided that the movie was TOO SEXIST for me to remain in any longer!

I've been told that there is a YOUNG FEMALE CHARACTER in the movie called Bonnie, who has a collection of GIRLS TOYS.
I DID NOT see this, and thus I REFUSE to believe it.
And even if it is true! - I REFUSE to accept that she didn't play a HUGE CENTRAL ROLE in the film. SURELY her toys were every bit as important as Andy and his remaining crew?!

BOYCOTT TOY STORY 3.

It is a horribly sexist film, and should be TAKEN out of the Cinemas, before it harms our children!

This message brought to you by Angry Mum Bloggers United.
Because our opinion is more important than yours.
Last edited by Scourge at Jul 5, 2010,
bro EDIT -- FFFFFFUUUU

I actully watched this the other day and it was an ok film not up to standard of the first one or the second one, nice touching storyline I thought

Also this woman is just being a typical woman and complaining about everything and not making sandwiches like she should be
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jul 5, 2010,
I for one am all in favour of the early objectification of women for children.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I for one am all in favour of the early objectification of women for children.

Yeah, facing the truth is important for infants.
Quote by slash_GNR666
bro EDIT -- FFFFFFUUUU

I actully watched this the other day and it was an ok film not up to standard of the first one or the second one, nice touching storyline I thought

Also this woman is just being a typical woman and complaining about everything and not making sandwiches like she should be
On a completely serious note, I thought Toy Story 3 was likely the best film made all year.
Not quite as good as the 1st film, but much better than the 2nd.
Am I the only one that thought "**** off and just watch the film"?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>

Nicely done. Send this on to this Natalie Wilson, as the woman appears to be a complete moron.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
TS needs to chill the fuck out.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
QQ moar bitch

EDIT: SCOURGE! I think I remember you a little bit.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by I.O.T.M
TS needs to chill the fuck out.
SIR.
I put it to you that you are nothing more than a MALE ELITIST, with FALSE IDEAS of SUPERIORITY.
Why, I bet you think that women look BETTER with a curved figure rather than the frame of an oversized brick.
I bet you also find BREASTS attractive!
And WHAT, I suppose you think women should learn to COOK, and IRON? And that THEY should be the ones giving birth, like their biological bodies intended them to, not MEN?

You disgust me.
Quote by guitarxo
this is ridiculous

(for the record, I'm female)

As am I and I couldn't agree with you more.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
this is what happens when you let a woman out of the kitchen for more than a minute... lol all jokes aside i can see where shes coming from but shes worrying about it way too much, i dont think kids really think and worry about the ratio of male and female toys or characters in a film let alone be offended by it...
1980 Gibson Silverburst Les Paul Custom
Gretsch G5445T Electromatic Double Jet
De Armond MT-75
1978 Aria Pro 2 Les Paul Standard (Lawsuit)

Orange Rockerverb 100 Head
Orange Rocker 30 Head
Orange 4x12 Cab
Vampower 4x12 Cab
Ampeg 2x10 Cab

Ain't telling you my pedals!
Quote by qotsakyuss
this is what happens when you let a woman out of the kitchen for more than a minute... lol all jokes aside i can see where shes coming from but shes worrying about it way too much, i dont think kids really think and worry about the ratio of male and female toys or characters in a film let alone be offended by it...
People should learn not to fucking mess with angry mothers who write blogs.

They will slam yo asses to the floor.
Quote by Scourge
Disgusting.
A woman should not be seeking romance. She should be seeking MALE CHAUVINISTIC PIGS to BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF!

This line made me laugh so hard.
People should learn not to fucking mess with angry mothers who write blogs.

They will slam yo asses to the floor.

How can you slam our asses to the floor if you're in the kitchen? It just doesn't make sense.
Just call me "Deepthroat".

Quote by Ichikurosaki
I think i love you

Reading: J.R.R Tolkien - The Silmarillion
Listening: Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Playing: MGS 1/2/3/4

PSN: UberPownage56 - add me for mediocre banter.
Quote by Jazzalenko
CCCCCCCCC-omb breaker.

The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by jimmyled
You have a Badger Song avatar!!!!!

Quote by Oprah
VAJAYJAY

Monkey Ball Sack

Did you write this yourself or was it real?

I lol'd anyways
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I just Google "Elephant penis", and was strangely aroused.

Apparently, I'm a good shitter

Quote by TomusAM
jonne.i just took the best dump I ever seen
I met another man once. He asked me if I thought a beautiful cocktail waitress was, "hot"

To which I replied, "No sir, and neither should you" and then I thought of you, Scourge, and wrote it down in my journal.
Quote by Metallizach

lol
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Any spoilers in the OP? /hasnotseenityet
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by BeastlyBassist
Any spoilers in the OP? /hasnotseenityet
Only that it is rampant in sexism.
Couldn't be bothered to click the link.

The post raised a small laugh, although I wonder (and perhaps with more clarity had I bothered to click the link) if these supposedly messed up kids might learn less from films and more from parenting if their parents weren't complete morons.

Nice to see you posting again Scourge
Page 1 of 5