I had this idea a few seconds ago..

What if UG were to write an album together? Not songs from separate people compiled, but songs that have been worked on by various members of the forum.

For example, one member writes a riff and programs it into guitar pro or power tab, it gets uploaded as an attachment and people add to it, eventually creating a song.

Once 8-12 tracks had been written, people will be given jobs for recording and producing based on the best experienced.

Imagine a song utilizing all of our musical experience as one.

Would anyone else be interested in this?

PEEPS WHO SHOW INTEREST-
Me
ChucklesMginty - Songwriter
Last edited by Bearded_Seth at Jul 5, 2010,
Sweet... We'll have to try extra hard and make this work, then.

Also.. There's no limitation on genre here, people.. Whatever comes out of it will go on the album.
I'd take part in this if I wasn't either insecure or overprotective of all my riffs, sometimes both.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I'd take part in this if I wasn't either insecure or overprotective of all my riffs, sometimes both.

Then write some new ones
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Then write some new ones

Yeah, but then I'd have to aim them perfectly for the very narrow space between "too shit to let anyone hear" and "too good not to use in a proper song that I can claim complete credit for".
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Would this kind of thing suffice? Oh and I just realized the piano is out of time because I did by ear and there's a midi/RSE lag. :L

It's great

I imagine it would start out from a riff and people will give their opinions/add to it until eventually theres a whole song put together.

I actually edited it to make the piano chord a bit earlier because I thought the timing was odd Now I know that was accidental it didn't need doing but it's an example of how things would work
It can be whatever.. It could be a mental death metal track and then leading into a peaceful ambience piece. It's free to be whatever we all make

If vocalists decide to write lyrics over some songs, all they need to do is share and gather peoples opinions.
I'd be up for this. My recording quality is subpar but anyone who would like to work on some melodeath, melodoom, or similar, hit me up.

Anyone fancy working on this? I started it a while ago but don't really know where to go with it.
Attachments:
wato.gp5
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
I'd be up for this. My recording quality is subpar but anyone who would like to work on some melodeath, melodoom, or similar, hit me up.

Anyone fancy working on this? I started it a while ago but don't really know where to go with it.

If you get it done, I'd love to record it for you
I can help write lyrics and stuff, or work on some album artwork. However I'm pressed for time atm so my place in the project isn't definite. Good luck though.

Edit: I can also write some acoustic parts, however they're not that great tbh, and atm I have no method of recording them.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Last edited by Todd Hart at Jul 5, 2010,
Actually, I just found this. I wrote it ages ago, it was going to be for a later part of a song that's since gone in a completely different direction, I can't see myself using it. If anyone wants to add to it or use any part of it, go ahead.
Attachments:
pianorganmotherfuck.gp5
Last edited by whalepudding at Jul 5, 2010,
My lord that is just insane D:

I'm putting together a small little progressive-y piece right now for people to pick at.
This was supposed to happen a while ago, We got most of 'morphogenesis' by scar symmetry down but noone else managed to actually collaborate.

Everyone is using different software, people start throwing guitar pro files around that have absolutely no use in the real world, and people get involved who aren't actually able to record their instruments.

However, I'm up for it, if there are some people here who want do something without pissing around.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
sounds like a good idea
dont have anything else to do so made an intro to a song.
its not really mindblowing or something never done before its just some good old riffing
if anyone can do something with this, go ahead, and i will happy to add another part to it later on
Attachments:
song for ug collab.gp5
Quote by entity0009

alright I added some more guitars you can check it out and see what you think
Attachments:
wato-2.gp5
Quote by Jobforashredder
alright I added some more guitars you can check it out and see what you think

70-85 is awesome, but from there on the rhythm is sort of hazy.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
70-85 is awesome, but from there on the rhythm is sort of hazy.

alright you can edit what you don't want out
I'll try and write up some stuff on powertab, that somebody might be able to work with. should it be blues-rockish, neoclassical, hardcore, or death metal?
i could play some stuff for ppl who can't record or whatever. i'm pretty solid at rhythm i'd say. i play metal. i've got a good right hand so if someone has like a chugathon i could do it. if i have time i'll write something for this but idk if i'm gonna be able to
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by SlayingDragons
I'll try and write up some stuff on powertab, that somebody might be able to work with. should it be blues-rockish, neoclassical, hardcore, or death metal?

It can be anything you want
seth, put me down as a songwriter as well

i may not record often but songwriting is endless!!!
id love to be in this
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Would this kind of thing suffice? Oh and I just realized the piano is out of time because I did by ear and there's a midi/RSE lag. :L

It's fine on GP6. Do a quick google
hello