Ibanez CS-505. According to the internet this series of pedals was made from 1980-82.

It's a brilliant chorus, really clear and chimey. Slight volume boost when engaged, but it's not very significant. Standard speed and depth controls can go from very subtle chorus when both are turned low, to unusably warbly with both knobs maxed. On low settings it's barely noticeable until it's turned off, but then it makes my dry tone sound thin and crappy. With heavy distortion it's just classic '80s cheese, which is pretty fun.

I recorded a bit of a clip: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/monkey_dancer/music/all/play861847

That's my jaguar neck pickup on the 'lead' circuit into the CS-505, into my Deluxe Memory Man (don't actually use it in the clip, I just like the buffer and was recording other stuff), into a Laney VC-15. The mic I used isn't great and clips a bit when I play loud.

I was just playing random stuff, a couple of songs in there, mainly just making stuff up. Started with the controls at 12 o' clock, increased the depth, then the speed, then just did some stuff, switched to the dirty channel of my amp.

Love this pedal, it's everything I want from a chorus, plus it's more 80s stuff to keep my DMM and Jag company.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Yeah, the battery cover has been replaced by a sheet of metal, a hole has been drilled in the side and I had to resolder one of the battery clips when I got it, but otherwise it's pretty much perfect.
Quote by XxLloydxX
how much did you pick it up for?
that's such a lovely pedal, makes me want a vintage chorus from the eighties
Got it for £50 on ebay, which I'm pretty happy with. When I told my mum how much I paid, she thought that was a ridiculous amount to spend on a pedal . Good thing I never told her how much the Carbon Copy or DMM cost. I think if I told her how expensive some stuff (Foxrox Paradox TZF ) can get, her head would explode.
Quote by XxLloydxX
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by monkey_dancer
Got it for £50 on ebay, which I'm pretty happy with. When I told my mum how much I paid, she thought that was a ridiculous amount to spend on a pedal . Good thing I never told her how much the Carbon Copy or DMM cost.

oh dear, that's one great deal! lucky
now i need to stock up 200 bucks and wait for an idiot to post a 500 buck pedal for under 200.... too bad the waiting sucks
I forgot about that, that pedal is another one of my pedals that has gone missing over the years.

Enjoy, it's a good one.

Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100