Poll: Do you bite your nails?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you bite your nails?
Yes! OMNOMNOM
86 55%
No, never have.
36 23%
I used to, but now I've stopped.
35 22%
Voters: 157.
Page 1 of 2
I sure do. Have ever since I was a kid and it hasn't never gone away.

Have any of you managed to stop? I try telling myself not to do it, but I always find myself at it again without thinking about it.

Poll incoming.
I do, I managed to stop for a week before but it didn't last.
I do, and I'm not trying to stop despite constantly having friends/girls/parents/cuddly animals telling me I need to stop it.
Putting poison on my nails stopped it quickly.

In all seriousness, I do not nor will ever bite my nails. Sounds disgusting to me.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
No,

it's disgusting, fingernails are probably one of the dirtiest areas on you body why the **** would you want to bite them.

Also I makes they looks awful, and deformed.

Srs put your fingernail under a microscope.
Massively.

Tried using that nasty tasting stuff that you put on, didn't work. I've tried lots of other techniques to try and stopp too, but none of them have ever worked for me. It makes my fingers look disgusting, but I don't think I'll ever stop.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Yea, why not? I've never cut them "properly", it feels terrible to do that. And to guys saying that it's the dirtiest area of your body, big deal, it's not like you get AIDS from that. Well, I do keep my hands rather clean, I wash them quite often as I can't stand dirt and I also avoid touching anything dirty, so maybe my fingernails aren't even that dirty.
Yeah I do. Always have, probably always will
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
I did when I was a kid, then I figured it was disgusting and a bad habit, so I quit.
Yeah I do. I quit it once by switching it out with cracking my fingers, but my fingers started feeling weird so I switched back.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
Quote by Philip_pepper
Has anyone tried hypnosis?

Did nothing for me.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
i do...dont really see the problem! i always file my nails shortly after though so they look okay
I do, and it annoys me that I do. I stop sometimes but then something will happen and I'll get angry and start biting them. I'm trying to stop though.
Only when they are getting long. I'm not the type of person that chews them really short and can't stop doing it. I just do it to keep them at a reasonable length. Seems easier than cutting them.
Quote by metacarpi
Massively.

Tried using that nasty tasting stuff that you put on, didn't work. I've tried lots of other techniques to try and stopp too, but none of them have ever worked for me. It makes my fingers look disgusting, but I don't think I'll ever stop.

I got that stuff when I was a kid... I just ended up getting used to the taste and kind of enjoying it.

I don't bite my nails obsessively, although I used to bite them too much, I just do it instead of cutting them. I don't really give a shit if they're smooth or not, I just don't want them being too long, and it's not like they're horribly misshapen.
Only if there's a sharp bit and I don't have access to nail clippers. It's kind of a last resort.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
I did before so i wouldn't have to cut my nails with scissors, but then I started realizing they look bad, and my teeth started hurting from it, so i quit no problem. Now I do it from time to time just when I feel like it, but otherwise I have stopped.
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
I do to keep them short. It's easier than cutting or filing them and it keeps them neat.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I used to, then one day I decided that I wanted long nails and stopped immediately. Not hard at all. Then I had long nails, then fake nails for a while, got rid of them, and now I clip them. Now if they're not short they drive me crazy.
Quote by leg end
Yes I do and it's bloody annoying

This. I can stop for like a month then I start again.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Yes i used to but stopped about three months ago. The only way i managed to convince myself was to stop was when i saw how pretty my nails could be. So now they are long and painted and oh so good to scratch mozzie bites with.
I did try putting that bad tasting stuff on them but i managed to just peel it off and keep on biting.
Allthough sometimes i find myself beginning to bite my nails when i am nervous and such.
I used to bite them a lot, my toe nails too. But now I play classical guitar and I have to keep them a very specific shape on my right hand and I like them really short on my left hand so I have to file them every few days.
Quote by metacarpi
Massively.

this
I just bite the top off when they get too long. Don't trust myself with nail clippers.
constantly, I also bite the tips of my fingers too, terrible habit
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
"I used to, but now I've stopped."

Started carrying around nail clippers everywhere and using them when I felt compelled to bite my nails. I obsessively trim my nails, so it's a good thing that I stopped biting them.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ The aeroplane
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ flies high, turns
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ left, looks right.
No I don't and I never have. I don't understand why people do it either, its dirty and they make your nails look terrible, which is why we have nail clippers..
I do, but I need stop.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
No, I'll bite off a crusty bit, but I prefer to use nail clippers.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I used to, probably over 10 years ago.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I used to, but then I started carrying nail clippers with me, and now they stay too short too bite.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
i used to bite my nails so short they would bleed alittle or be so sinsitive.i have broken the habit but know i will let them grow out so long that they stab me or break off.
Nah, don't like how it feels.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Page 1 of 2