I recently wanted to play my old Epiphone Les Paul (because it's in standard tuning, and my current guitar is in Drop B with .12s on it.)

When I plugged it in, I noticed the output of the guitar was abysmal, it sounded like it was halved. I switched it to the neck position, and the volume was as it should be, so the problem only occurs in the bridge position.

Is it just a problem with the switch, or did something (somehow) happen to the humbucker?
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
did you check the wiring on the switch?
GENERIC SIGNATURE
I had the exact same problem on my Epiphone. Your toggle switch is bad. Replace it and you should be fine.
it`s a known fault with epiphones get a proper gibson switch they are cheap (not like ibby ones lol).
Quote by Jsteele1408
I recently wanted to play my old Epiphone Les Paul (because it's in standard tuning, and my current guitar is in Drop B with .12s on it.)

When I plugged it in, I noticed the output of the guitar was abysmal, it sounded like it was halved. I switched it to the neck position, and the volume was as it should be, so the problem only occurs in the bridge position.

Is it just a problem with the switch, or did something (somehow) happen to the humbucker?

first try spraying can compressed air into the switch while flicking, see if that clears out the dirt.

if not, like said, swap out the switch. under ten bucks.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yeah I checked the wiring and whatnot. I'll just get a new one. Thanks, guys!
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet