Hi everybody I'm looking to buy a guitar with really good sustain (so it needs to be neck-thru ) priced 900$ at most can anybody recommend me some? I need a solo guitar,I won't be playing brutal stuff with that.

I thought about buying an Ibanez RGT6EXFX but it has a basswood body,which is something I don't like because it's too light,it feels like I'm holding a toy.
You dont have to have neck thru for sustain (Les Paul)... What type of stuff do you play and what are some ideas for what you want?
the one from this is spinal tap. you can hit a note, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, go out and grab lunch. come back and it's still going, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.
check out a schecter hellraiser c-1
its mahogany and has neck through
and has excellent access to the high frets
and its about $900

set necks also have good sustain
so maybe check out some gibsons
Quote by screamokid2k
check out a schecter hellraiser c-1
its mahogany and has neck through
and has excellent access to the high frets
and its about $900

+1

Any of the Schecters in the 700-900$ range have some really great sustain, though they all come with active EMGs so that's something to watch out for if you're not into that...
Quote by metalmlitiachaz
the one from this is spinal tap. you can hit a note, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, go out and grab lunch. come back and it's still going, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Best Movie Evar!
+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll7rWiY5obI

OP get a Les Paul Studio, their great.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Last edited by teamhex at Jul 5, 2010,
i'm gonna use this one in standard tuning and i'm gonna play some virtuoso stuff with it satriani,vai etc. also some megadeth whem i'm bored
i'm not gonna use an amp,that's why i need a guitar with good natural sustain i'm gonna plug it in to an audio interface with a multi-effects pedal in between.
so your pickups are going to be used to send a signal to a multifx which has a preAMP, then in to your computer and out through speakers...that`s called amplification of a signal...which is what a amp does
Iv got an Epi LP Standard Plus that ive put burstbuckers in, and that can hold a note for hours. Considering it cost me £600 all together an epic guitar
Acoustic sustain. I'm thinking chambered Les Paul. Your budget won't get a Gibson unless you can pre-order the new Special Classic which is at a tempting $849.
Good Burny models are very sweet, too.
Tim Ellis has one or two of his 'Debbie' production still available (one is an astonishing quilt top cherry burst) and if mine's anything to go by, they'd be among the best natural sustaining guitars you could lay your hands on. About £500 less VAT plus shipping is well within your budget but trying it out first might be a bit difficult as he's in Wales.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Get one of the set-neck string-thru-body Shecter guitars with a TonePros bridge and Schecter locking tuners. The sustain is massive. Musicians Friend has a few C-1 Blackjack models like this (with passive SD pups) for $749 and they are sweet guitars.

But if you really want crazy sustain $900 is enough to get a guitar with a sustainer system. If you’re handy you could get something with active pickups used and then swap in sustainiac and whatever bridge pickup you like, or you could just buy a Fernandes with a sustainer.
Les Paul Studios are weight relieved guitars(same thing as chambered im assuming).
I got mine for $550 used. Paid $20 to get it setup. Plays like a dream and everything in between.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional - 11
Fender Stratocaster MIM - 04
Fender Mustang - 04
Taylor 214ce - 10
Quote by metalmlitiachaz

you mean a 58' les paul???lol i love that movie

anywho jokes aside, les paul is always a very very good option
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus