So I'm looking at new amps (now that I have a good paying job i can't stop spending money) and I came across 2 Traynor amps. I've heard some good things, but I can't seem to find quality sound clips of these amps. Here are the 2 I have the chance of buying.

Traynor YCS 90 = $530. It retails around $1000 so at almost half price it's not a bad deal. It's in excellent condition

Traynor YCV40 = $300. Less than half price, also in mint condition.

I play blues, funk, and some 70s hard rock (but I have OD and fuzz pedals for that stuff). This amp would be mostly live as I already have a studio amp. What do you guys think of these amps? Do you like one over the other? Anything you can tell me about them?
the YCS 90 is a damn good amp. very versatile, and in my opinion, one of the most under rated amps around. for your genres it should do you perfectly fine.

the YCV 40 always left me wanting more. i wasn't that much of a fan. i always thought it was trying to be a fender clone or something without trying to sound like a fender. that is, it was made for pretty much just blues and jazz, but can pull off a little bit of rock. nothing heavy sounding. the sound was good for what it did, but it doesnt do a lot.

try finding the YCV 50 Blue (older one)/YCV 50 (new one) if you can. its my favourite they make. has the prestine cleans, great light overdrive, and can get dirty. and just a good amp overall.
Quote by User_Name336
the YCS 90 is a damn good amp. very versatile, and in my opinion, one of the most under rated amps around. for your genres it should do you perfectly fine.

the YCV 40 always left me wanting more. i wasn't that much of a fan. i always thought it was trying to be a fender clone or something without trying to sound like a fender. that is, it was made for pretty much just blues and jazz, but can pull off a little bit of rock. nothing heavy sounding. the sound was good for what it did, but it doesnt do a lot.

try finding the YCV 50 Blue (older one)/YCV 50 (new one) if you can. its my favourite they make. has the prestine cleans, great light overdrive, and can get dirty. and just a good amp overall.

thanks for the input. I did find YCV40 clips on traynor's website and it did sound a little.... idk maybe wimpy is the word? however the ycs90 i played and it did sound sweet, but i didn't have a chance to turn it up. I'll do some more research.
go for the ycs90 i say. the power switch on back (25w? or 30w? idr) is worth the price of admission alone. funny thing is its a 212 but its even lighter than my ycs50 112 combo
Quote by guitaruboy
go for the ycs90 i say. the power switch on back (25w? or 30w? idr) is worth the price of admission alone. funny thing is its a 212 but its even lighter than my ycs50 112 combo

thanks. Now I just need to offload my Epiphone Blues Custom 30. It's a good amp but it weighs a ****ton (exactly 72 lbs) and it's just not for me.
Perhaps a silly question but what kind of tubes come in the Traynor amps? What's in the YCS90? the YCV40?
The new ones are alright, but the vintage Traynors are where it's at. You can get them for the same price or cheaper and they sound miles better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.