Page 1 of 2
After high-school im going to be going into the navy, to become a SEAL. I've always wanted to be a SEAL, and im starting training now. I was wondering if there are any ex-SEALs on here, and if so I was wondering what are some major things i should train for. Ive read tons of books on what to train for, but was wondering if there are any extremely important things.
R.I.P foREVer
Wikipedia has an article about their training exercises and the physical exams that they have. Knock yourself out.

Oh, and prepare for the drown-proofing.

You can swim right?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.

An Artic one?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
yeah don't drown don't get shoot.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Dawginator
Wikipedia has an article about their training exercises and the physical exams that they have. Knock yourself out.

Oh, and prepare for the drown-proofing.

You can swim right?

Yes haha. I'm a very good swimmer.
R.I.P foREVer
Quote by Killswitch94
Yes haha. I'm a very good swimmer.

VERY GOOD DON'T CUT IT SON!!

DROP AND GIVE ME 1500!!

/olololol drill sergeant.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Also underwater press-ups. The hard bit is actually staying down, not going up.
Enjoy your time in the military machine, killing people for profit and such.
Drown and get shot.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by fortysix&2
Drown and get shot.

Ever tried not being a twat?
Up The Boro!
Quote by fortysix&2

Drown and get shot.

Can you join him in that part?
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Can you join him in that part?

I've been working on it, but there doesn't seem to be enough firearms in this country.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by Haff
Read "Lone Survivor" if you haven't already.

I'm reading that right now! It's so ****ing good!
R.I.P foREVer
You should be able to swim on your side. If I were you I'd start doing stamina and cardio excersises.
Quote by fortysix&2
I've been working on it, but there doesn't seem to be enough firearms in this country.

You haven't worked hard enough then.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
A few months ago one of my mom's friends (a SEAL) got ripped to pieces by bullets. Have fun!
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Quote by fortysix&2
Enjoy your time in the mercenary machine, killing people for profit and such.
Drown and get shot.

Fixed.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by hellbound_jonny
Fixed.

He'd be fighting for his country, not personal gain or profit, so he's not a mercenary.

Props to you. Its incredibly hard to get into and even then the only way you get in is if you get picked to go into it afaik.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by apmaman
He'd be fighting for his country, not personal gain or profit, so he's not a mercenary.

Props to you. Its incredibly hard to get into and even then the only way you get in is if you get picked to go into it afaik.

No one's threatening his country.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Guys do not turn this into a flamefest about the army.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by fortysix&2

Head North and you should find a nailbomb at the very least. LOLZZZ!
Quote by fortysix&2
Drown and get shot.

"And on our left you will see an ill-informed teen who hides behind his computer screen because he wasn't hugged enough as a child."

Honestly, grow up and actually research a CREDIBLE source before you make dumb statements about a foreign military power. (I assume you are from Ireland)

To TS,
Good luck dude you're gonna be put through hell and back before you even experience combat. Stay mentally/emotionally fit and work out as much as you can. And if i were you i'd start by laying in the beach tide for a couple of hours in the middle of november
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
From documentaries I have seen, being absolutely dedicated to making it through training is just as important, if not more, than being physically fit.

Best of luck to you though.
Life Sucks, And Then You Die

So make the very best of it

My Last.fm Profile

Please check out my Youtube, and friend me if you like it. I do C4C, and I gladly will crit anything if you ask me.

I <3 My Xiphos
Quote by vicarious46
"And on our left you will see an ill-informed teen who hides behind his computer screen because he wasn't hugged enough as a child."

Honestly, grow up and actually research a CREDIBLE source before you make dumb statements about a foreign military power. (I assume you are from Ireland)

To TS,
Good luck dude you're gonna be put through hell and back before you even experience combat. Stay mentally/emotionally fit and work out as much as you can. And if i were you i'd start by laying in the beach tide for a couple of hours in the middle of november

As far as I can see it, all recent wars have been and are for profit. 30,000 shells are fired for every "insurgent" (read human being) killed in the middle east... I wonder who sells them their bullets?

Credibly research my anus before you make dumb statements about a foreign persons age and up-bringing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Skills. Get them.

Quote by Dempsey68

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Quote by vicarious46

Yeah, an Irishmans idea of a good military operation is to bomb innocent people, or shooting pizza delivery boys and soldiers who were of no threat to them..

St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by damian_91
No one's threatening his country.

Your country doesn't have to be threatened to fight for it. Plus, last time I checked thats why the whole Afghanistan and later Iraq invasion went ahead, because of the threat to the USA and "western" countries posed by the Taliban and other fanatical terrorist groups.

PSN ID: ArranP
Quote by WaitWhat?
Yeah, an Irishmans idea of a good military operation is to bomb innocent people, or shooting pizza delivery boys and soldiers who were of no threat to them..

Before you go posting stuff like that, be aware that the IRA isnt the actual Irish Army
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
cardio, run, ALOT, carry heavy things and run ALOT, run in sand in boots alot, get all wet and run and do push ups, swim alot, also, build up your mental strength too, thats one of the most important parts.

do all that stuff, then do it even more, also, LEARN TO WORK AS A TEAM. LEARN LEARN LEARN
you brought a hooker to church?
You do realise you have to be very good at the whole Army / Special forces thing right?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Deliriumbassist
We'll see about that...

*runs to the coast*

BOOOOOOOOOOO!

Preemptive fire!
Quote by Pleasure2kill
Mental strength, cardio, running with weight, upper body strength.

ghostnineone has pretty much got it down, but I strongly recommend running with weight and in boots if possible. You're suddenly gaining 35+ lbs (35lbs would be bare minimum for a british soldier, in reality you'll be carrying more) once you put your kit on and you still need to be able to run with that on. Running in boots is also different as your feet are heavier.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by fortysix&2
As far as I can see it, all recent wars have been and are for profit. 30,000 shells are fired for every "insurgent" (read human being) killed in the middle east... I wonder who sells them their bullets?

Credibly research my anus before you make dumb statements about a foreign persons age and up-bringing.

As i recall it Bin Laden declared war on North America and her allies in '98 and can be directly or indirectly related to terrorist attacks on American soil as well as American troops. And we're in Afghanistan for money.....? Right, because all America wants is the oil from the middle East. Yes, they may reap the benefits but that's not it

As much as our world would like to believe we're ONLY there for the oil they're not. The U.S. recieved information stating that Saddamm had WMD's and was a threat to us and it's own people. America stepped in because they believed they could deter a possible deter a possible threat to the world. Yet when we don't find oil people start pointing fingers and blaim for the war. The US recieved poor information and instead of ignoring it and waiting for an attack they declared war. To remove a threat to themselves and the world.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Read Tom Clancy's novels. Especially those with John Clark/John Kelly as the main character.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by fortysix&2

Ever hear of suppressing fire? It's used to protect a fellow soldier (read human being).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Page 1 of 2