I'm having a big problem right now with the DiMarizo Area 58' that I installed in the neck, when I use gain, it sounds like it'll clip when I either play a bass chord or palm mute, like you'll hear a clipping noise behind the chord, and when I let go of the guitar, I get a bad buzz only from the 58', I have a Area 61' in the middle, and has none of the above problems, except maybe being too hot.

I've tried everything I can think of, I soldered the ground wire to the volume pot, to the jack, I've re-soldered all the grounds to the volume pot, I've checked all my wiring, I've raised and lowered the pickups, nothing....I don't know if all these problems are being caused by not having the bridge pickup installed, I wouldn't think it would be, since I'm not using it to test the single coils.

I'm using DiMarizo 500K pots all round, Fender 5 way switch, a .022 cap, and this diagram http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=1h_2s_1v_2t_5w

If someone can help me end this madness, I'll be grateful. I've posted in all the wiring threads, so far not much help has come my way.
normally i'd probably bitch at you for posting in the thread and also making a new one but i just dont care right now.

pickups dont clip. the amp is clipping, if anything. but i think the buzz just makes it sound similar to clipping. ive had that experience before.

missing pickup is also not an issue.

honestly idk what the deal is here but maybe i helped you narrow it down. or maybe not/.
Quote by Invader Jim
normally i'd probably bitch at you for posting in the thread and also making a new one but i just dont care right now.

pickups dont clip. the amp is clipping, if anything. but i think the buzz just makes it sound similar to clipping. ive had that experience before.

missing pickup is also not an issue.

honestly idk what the deal is here but maybe i helped you narrow it down. or maybe not/.

Well, nobody is helping me other than you, so I mean, it can't be like I've just run into a brand new problem that nobody has ever experienced before. Other people could at least give me some ideas as to what the problem might be.

I fixed half the problem though, I got the 58' to stop clipping, or whatever it was doing, the black and white wire that came solder together had a loose connection, so I re-soldered it and the clipping went away, but it still buzzes like hell when I let go of the guitar, and has considerably less output on the clean channel than the 61', the 61 still sounds perfect, maybe a faulty pickup?

I looked at the specs on the 58', says it has a 9.3 treble output, and the 61 has a 8.5 or something treble output, so there's got to be something wrong with the 58', or maybe I just suck at wiring up pickups.