Other then transportation needs, are there any other positives behind putting casters/wheels on a combo amp (specifically, a 60lb 2x12 combo)? Are there any significant negatives? And are there a specific kind I need/should get? My dad isn't 100% that it's a good idea, so I need help convincing him.

Thanks!
-Bryan
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
it's mostly ease of moving it, you would be best looking for ones that have a lock so that it won't go flying over the place when it's being played
Depending on the kind of floor surface you usually play on, it may cause less rumbling and buzzing, like on a wood floor with a lot of loose boards, or a concrete floor that may transmit too much bass.
You'll lose some low end from your sound & if the terrain you roll it on is rough then you'll jar around the amps innards and possibly ruin the amp.

It might be easier to make a wooden frame with casters on that & then add some carpet on top as some cushion.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
http://www.mcmaster.com/#78155t14/=7txvs0 something like this, it has enough strength to support all of the amps weight + some, rubber wheels are going to be your best bet for most surfaces, and of course brakes!

It's lifting the amp up off the ground so sound might change a bit... gotta watch out where you wheel it though.... nothing too extreme off road.

I don't see many negatives to this really. It shouldn't damage anything if mounted right and increases mobility greatly! You might want bigger wheels though.. those are 2 inch.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
This sounds kind of dumb, but could I just throw a rug underneath it when I play on wood or concrete, so that it doesn't move as much?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Home Depot.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xh3/R-100142073/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Get two steerable for one side, and two non steerable for the other so you can push it around like a shopping cart. These are rated @ 125 lb. I had a set on my combo before I converted it into a head. Does the job great.

And while you're there, get a set of carrying handles for the sides. You'll find them in the same department. They have a few different options that are heavy duty and fold flat.

Everything should run you $20.