Page 1 of 2
I was wondering, what are some good metal bands that focus on making long songs that are not too intense and they don't scream. I'm looking to listen to long metal songs about epic adventures or something of that sort. (I'm using the word epic in its literal sense here)

I've heard Dream Theater does a lot of long songs, but from the ones I heard, I did not enjoy them.

Thanks.
While Heaven Wept - The Furthest Shore
Amorphis
Quote by iceman_8319
The human eye only captures a certain amount frames per second.
By the time you've read this post, 3 ninjas have had sex in front of you.

Primordial would like to have a word with all of you.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
You're all wrong.

Moonsorrow, every single one of their songs, but Tulimyrsky and V. Havitetty.
Quote by Mugg74
I was wondering, what are some good metal bands that focus on making long songs that are not too intense and they don't scream. I'm looking to listen to long metal songs about epic adventures or something of that sort. (I'm using the word epic in its literal sense here)

I've heard Dream Theater does a lot of long songs, but from the ones I heard, I did not enjoy them.

Thanks.

Were off to a good start! For some killer metal tunes about days of high adventure, try:

Manilla Road - Spiral Castle, Crystal Logic
Solstice - New Dark Age
Cirith Ungol - King of The Dead
Doomsword - Let Battle Commence, Resound The Horn
Mael Mordha - Cluain Tarbh

For starters, anyway.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by EscapeToTheVoid
While Heaven Wept - The Furthest Shore

This

Quote by andyscoot
You're all wrong.

Moonsorrow, every single one of their songs, but Tulimyrsky and V. Havitetty.

and this

but what do you count as long? 8 minutes used t0 be long for me, but now the minimum length for my long tracks play list is 15 minutes and i have 152 tracks in it.

Edit: Isen Torr, Rhapsody or Ereb Altor?
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jul 5, 2010,
Thank you all for the suggestions. So far I have only listened to While Heaven Wept, which is very good. I will get through the rest of everyones suggestions eventually.

Long for me now is like 10-12min (But I like really really long songs, as long as they keep you interested)
Quote by Stranglehold
Were off to a good start! For some killer metal tunes about days of high adventure, try:

Solstice - New Dark Age

For starters, anyway.

this is the best post in this thread
i am the moonstar
Napalm Death
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
BTBAM
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Jul 5, 2010,
Haggard's stuff is pretty decent for that, if a bit repetitive. Check out 'Awakening the Centuries' and 'Eppur si Muove' by them.

It's a shame you said not too intense, though, because High on Fire is pretty much right there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Lads are ye just posting long songs? Ha ha I think the TS asked for songs about battles and adventure....in which case The Gates of Slumber - Conqueror would also be relevant.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by andyscoot
You're all wrong.

Except, y'know:
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Bathory.
Quote by guitgrinder
Yep. I'm real mad. I got done havin some fun jammin w/ my band today, gonna have a Sloppy Joe dinner, w/ Tater Tots covered in chili, then my girlfriends gonna blow me tonight. I've got lots to be mad about!
Quote by Stranglehold

Solstice - New Dark Age

For starters, anyway.

all of this.
also:
Scald - Will of the Gods is Great Power
Moonsorrow (wouldn't have the vocals that your looking for but I'd suggest at least giving them a try on youtube)
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Quote by andyscoot
Not what i think when i think "EPIC"

srsly?

Viking Bathory is pretty much the definition of epic.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Stranglehold
Lads are ye just posting long songs? Ha ha I think the TS asked for songs about battles and adventure....in which case The Gates of Slumber - Conqueror would also be relevant.

You are correct, I'm not just looking purely for length. I want a song that is either referring to a Journey/Adventure, or sounds like it is taking you on an adventure/Journey (Vikings, White Whales, and LOTR comes to mind when I think about what I want to hear).

But, I feel like the song needs to stand out in the length department in order to take you on a journey.
Quote by Mugg74
You are correct, I'm not just looking purely for length. I want a song that is either referring to a Journey/Adventure, or sounds like it is taking you on an adventure/Journey (Vikings, White Whales, and LOTR comes to mind when I think about what I want to hear).

But, I feel like the song needs to stand out in the length department in order to take you on a journey.

Summoning

Ooh yeah boy.
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Also, I do not like screaming/growling/demonic vocals for some reason. The only time I like screaming in a song is when the vocalist is singing and gradually builds up to an emotional scream that really fits the part. I know I'm being very picky, but there are some things that just ruin songs for me.

I'm currently listening to Tulimyrsky by Moonsorrow, I'm liking it so far besides the screaming vocals that are starting to come in. Although I do feel like I'm listening to an awesome Nordic battle.
Quote by Mugg74
Also, I do not like screaming/growling/demonic vocals for some reason. The only time I like screaming in a song is when the vocalist is singing and gradually builds up to an emotional scream that really fits the part. I know I'm being very picky, but there are some things that just ruin songs for me.

I'm currently listening to Tulimyrsky by Moonsorrow, I'm liking it so far besides the screaming vocals that are starting to come in. Although I do feel like I'm listening to an awesome Nordic battle.

I guarantee you, if you give it a chance, it will grow on you.

^While your at it, Cirith Ungol - King of the Dead
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Last edited by CG Man16 at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by andyscoot
Not what i think when i think "EPIC"
Gosh, Andy, you're wrong-er than ever.

Quote by eazy-c
srsly?

Viking Bathory is pretty much the definition of epic.
Now he knows where it's at, despite him being a full-on dildo.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Mugg74
You are correct, I'm not just looking purely for length. I want a song that is either referring to a Journey/Adventure, or sounds like it is taking you on an adventure/Journey

Put Don't Stop Believing on repeat seven times.
Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies
Virgin Black - The Everlasting/...and I am Suffering
Ea - Just pick a song srsly in three releases there are 8 songs I think.
Draconian - Death, Come Near Me
EREB ALTOR- have two 10+ minute songs to my knowledge but all their stuff is sheer epic
Ne Obliviscaris

Yea...
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Mugg74
LOTR comes to mind when I think about what I want to hear

BLIND GUARDIAN -NIGHTFALL IN MIDDLE EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
epic themed, clean vocalled awesomeness get it now.
Quote by PwarDuex
your name is about as funny as a burning orphanage

Epic?

Symphony X - The Odyssey, is the only answer. Its lyrics are based on the epic poem of the same name.
Try the band Mechina. Their new song, if it's any indication of what their upcoming album will be like, is the most epic thing I have ever heard, despite being only 3 minutes long.

Check it chaps.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Page 1 of 2