I'm wondering if their is any recording interfaces that have a USB input. My amp has a USB output which I can plug directly into my laptop, but seeing as my laptop is just about as cheap as they come I want to get a recording interface so don't have to worry about all the problems associated with recording straight into the laptop (latency, clicking, bad quality, etc.). Is their anything like this, or would it be best to get some type of simulator and a normal recording interface? I don't exactly have a ton of money or anything so I can't be getting anything too expensive.
Forgive me if I'm a little ignorant on this subject, I don't have much experience with recording.
I use a Behringer Eurorack UB802 and some Behringer USB interface that cost $50usd.

It works fine, costs like $100usd all together. I'm sure people here can help you better than I can.

But with my setup, I can go ahead and run a mic out my mixer and mic my amp. Sounds much better than straight into the computer.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by cdg3952
Because my amp doesn't have a guitar cable output
http://www.guitarcenter.com/item/expandedimage.aspx?t=4&img=Peavey/560174.jpg

The only way i can go from the guitar to the amp to the recording interface is by the USB output i think, unless their is another way.

Link's not working for me, but I'm not sure what you mean by USB output... like you plug the USB into the amp? I doubt that.
If the amp USB out direct to the computer isn't working as you hoped, adding an interface wont help any.
Audio interfaces don't have USB inputs and they were also built around proper audio connections, better ADA converters, and to give features such as preamps for mics or line signals.

If you like the sound if your amp, put a Shure SM57 in front of it and run that mic though XLR cable to an audio interface of choice. I suggest PreSonus or M-Audio interfaces.

I would also suggest holding off on any recording until you could upgrade that really old and slow laptop. But hey, if it meets the specs of any hardware interfaces and can run some basic programs such as Reaper, then by all means, go for some new gear and start learning.

Lastly, look over the resources thread at the top of the page and my links in the sig. They are all very helpful and will get you started off on the right foot.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 6, 2010,