Page 1 of 2
Sorry if it's been posted before, but has anyone ever tried lucid dreaming before? I've been going at it for a while now and it's pretty damn fun. Does anyone have any experiences from Lucid Dreaming that was creepy/cool/weird?

I'll start with:

I dreamt I was in a room with a large flatscreen TV, and a remote. Whenever I would change the channel, I could walk into the TV and would be wherever the show I was watching was at. If I went into a cartoon, everything became 2D, even me. If I went into a WWII documentary, I was part of the battle that was being examined. It ended when I got shot in the leg and woke up with extreme pain.
SEARCHBAR THIS... there was a very recent thread about the exact same thing... I posted on it
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
I remember a lucid dream in which I was looking for a book in a mansion with David Hasselhoff...

I bitch-slapped him, it was fun.

Lucid dreams FTW.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by randomtom
SEARCHBAR THIS... there was a very recent thread about the exact same thing... I posted on it

I believe I made it.
Quote by leg end
I believe I made it.

Speaking of the devil... He's here! Respect.
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
I had one the other day, in which I went to a waterpark, and then emptied an RV's septic tank
Quote by randomtom
Speaking of the devil... He's here! Respect.

I'm always there for you Randomtom, always. *sniff* *firm pat on the should* *looks thoughtfully into the distance*
i finally had a Lucid dream a few days ago.

I was fully aware and i realized what was happening was impossible so i stared at my hands and i couldnt count how many fingers i had (looked like my hand was blurring as if i was moving it really fast) i tried to fly in my dream but winded up just falling on the floor. then i just explored my empty town in my car and woke up after i went to my bed in my dream. Trying to figure out how to do that again
Quote by leg end
I'm always there for you Randomtom, always. *sniff* *firm pat on the should* *looks thoughtfully into the distance*

This makes me quite emotional
Quote by BlitzkriegAir

I was fully aware and i realized what was happening was impossible so i stared at my hands and i couldnt count how many fingers i had (looked like my hand was blurring as if i was moving it really fast) i tried to fly in my dream but winded up just falling on the floor. then i just explored my empty town in my car and woke up after i went to my bed in my dream. Trying to figure out how to do that again

Ha I used to have lucid dreams when I was young and it was the same. If I concentrated on something that required visuals it would blur. Like I would sit in class and the teacher asked me to read something, I couldn't cus it was blurred.
Ye i had 3 in a row one morning.. It seems to happen for me when I have awoken from a deep sleep and then go back to sleep.

I have recurring dream patterns. Like in the first dream I was at a party, then I wake up and fall asleep once again. If I'm at the same party I KNOW i'm dreaming and I can do whatever i want.

Lucid dreaming is awesome
I love lucid dreaming, it gives you the ability to do what you want.
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
I occasionally lucid dream, but sometimes I slip out so I'm asleep but I'm seeing the real world. Scary as hell. I can't move or anything.
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by opc100
I occasionally lucid dream, but sometimes I slip out so I'm asleep but I'm seeing the real world. Scary as hell. I can't move or anything.

That's called sleep paralysis. It happens to everyone. But most of the time, you're asleep when it happens so you don't know it's happening.
Quote by leg end
That's called sleep paralysis. It happens to everyone. But most of the time, you're asleep when it happens so you don't know it's happening.

I seriously want to experience sleep paralysis. And I have never had a lucid dream
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Quote by leg end

wat
It's scary as hell. One minute I'm there just chilling on a floating car and then next I'm staring at my wall unable to move.
hello
Quote by ricanboyguitar
I seriously want to experience sleep paralysis. And I have never had a lucid dream

Look at the link I posted, it'll help. Wake yourself up in a lucid dream and you may get sleep paralysis.

Quote by opc100
wat
It's scary as hell. One minute I'm there just chilling on a floating car and then next I'm staring at my wall unable to move.

I dunno what you can do about that...
Quote by leg end

I dunno what you can do about that...

I just googled it, apparently it happens sometimes during lucid dreaming, but not that often.
To the doctors I go!
hello
^ Yes, as mentioned that is sleep paralysis. It happens because when you enter the REM stage of sleep your body locks in place so you don't react physically to what you are experiencing in your dreams. Sometimes when you awake you remain in that state temporarily. I use to experience this after awakening but I would also hallucinate and it was honestly extremely frightening. It was like a bad trip, lol
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
the closest i've been to lucid dreaming was sleep paralysis. it was literally the most frightening thing that's ever happened to me. i could barely breathe and when i did it hurt like hell. it was nothing like anything else i've ever experienced. it was like seeing the devil himself. i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

i blacked out afterward. woke up and thought it was just a terrible nightmare.
#DTWD
Could learning to lucid dream be a potential cure for insomnia? Or would you still experience trouble falling asleep

To all the people that can iniciate lucid dreaming, how is it done? and how long does it take to learn?
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
The part of my brain that controls lucid dreaming is a fucking idiot. Last time I had one, I watched 100 fat black people walk across infinite balconies.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
The part of my brain that controls lucid dreaming is a fucking idiot. Last time I had one, I watched 100 fat black people walk across infinite balconies.

i don't know why but thats ****ing hilarious
guys u just downloaded over 3 gigs of binuaurual beats which help you with lucid dreaming but its also a brainwave syncronizer. i swear i feel high as hell guys and all im doing is listening to some awesome stuff

i feel fecking greattt.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by DanyullShowuyan
Sorry if it's been posted before, but has anyone ever tried lucid dreaming before? I've been going at it for a while now and it's pretty damn fun. Does anyone have any experiences from Lucid Dreaming that was creepy/cool/weird?

I'll start with:

I dreamt I was in a room with a large flatscreen TV, and a remote. Whenever I would change the channel, I could walk into the TV and would be wherever the show I was watching was at. If I went into a cartoon, everything became 2D, even me. If I went into a WWII documentary, I was part of the battle that was being examined. It ended when I got shot in the leg and woke up with extreme pain.

I can't say I've tried it exactly, but I did do it once by mistake. It was definitely one of my coolest dream-experiences.

I might start trying...
Quote by BlitzkriegAir

I was fully aware and i realized what was happening was impossible so i stared at my hands and i couldnt count how many fingers i had (looked like my hand was blurring as if i was moving it really fast)

That's crazy dude, the same thing happens to me in dreams. That's sweet.

Also, my teeth fall out. Not so sweet, but a good sign that I'm dreaming.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Jul 6, 2010,
I use to be able to lucid dream at will... Now it's a bit harder :\ I find chanting what you want to dream about over and over in your head before you go to sleep helps. Unfortunately when I was able to have them regularly I always did stupid shit IE Teleporting into people ears and peeing into their eardrum.

< _ < Don't judge me.
Lucid dreaming can be fun, but sleep paralysis is so terrifying that I stopped trying.
So this sleep paralasys.. How long does it continue? Seriously all the stuff I've read here makes me wanna have lucid dreams, I actually even wanna see wtf happens in sleep paralasys.
Quote by Shinami
So this sleep paralasys.. How long does it continue? Seriously all the stuff I've read here makes me wanna have lucid dreams, I actually even wanna see wtf happens in sleep paralasys.

My friend said that he's had from around 30 seconds to a minute before. I posted a really cool link that'll help you have lucid dreams. Go find it and read it. It's really helpful. I followed it, had a dream last night, thought, "wow, I'm dreaming", you've got to realise you're dreaming before you can become lucid. But you have to realise you're in a dream, while dreaming. Anyway, I did, but I got excited and woke up
Quote by leg end
My friend said that he's had from around 30 seconds to a minute before. I posted a really cool link that'll help you have lucid dreams. Go find it and read it. It's really helpful. I followed it, had a dream last night, thought, "wow, I'm dreaming", you've got to realise you're dreaming before you can become lucid. But you have to realise you're in a dream, while dreaming. Anyway, I did, but I got excited and woke up

Problem is it feels like I don't ever have a dream. I wake up and there is nothing, no dreams I can recall, no feelings. Feels like I just blacked out and that's it I waked up, so this will be challenging. I've had lucid dreams when I was a kid, some of them were weird some of them cool. One time I dreamt that me and my friends were in this sort of Unreal Tournament world beating the crap out of each other on this huge transport ship. Was epic. Also once dreamt that me and my bro ran around school where everyone was transformed into burges and hotdogs and ate them

Often however I am in a state that is sort of me being awake aware of it and being able to open my eyes at will, but I'm just fantasysing about stuff, not really dreaming. That's the closest I get to experiencing or actually remembering dreams :/

When I was even younger for years I used to have only one dream and that's me falling of this huge bridge, and now that I think about it it's probably why I'm afraid of heights.
Quote by Shinami
Problem is it feels like I don't ever have a dream. I wake up and there is nothing, no dreams I can recall, no feelings. Feels like I just blacked out and that's it I waked up, so this will be challenging. I've had lucid dreams when I was a kid, some of them were weird some of them cool. One time I dreamt that me and my friends were in this sort of Unreal Tournament world beating the crap out of each other on this huge transport ship. Was epic. Also once dreamt that me and my bro ran around school where everyone was transformed into burges and hotdogs and ate them

Often however I am in a state that is sort of me being awake aware of it and being able to open my eyes at will, but I'm just fantasysing about stuff, not really dreaming. That's the closest I get to experiencing or actually remembering dreams :/

When I was even younger for years I used to have only one dream and that's me falling of this huge bridge, and now that I think about it it's probably why I'm afraid of heights.

Well, dreams usually happen in 60 minute cycles. You have loads of dreams every night, you just don't remember them. The dreams you remember are the ones you wake up in the middle of. Set an alarm clock tonight before you go to bed. Set for about 5 hours and 20 minutes. Not on the hour. This'll interrupt your dream and you'll remember it when you wake up. You're gunna be pretty tired and will fall asleep quickly. Before you do, look at your hands and say to yourself over and over "when I see my hands in my dream, I will realise I am dreaming". Sounds stupid? People have said about not seeing their hands right in a dream. Usually they'll be blurred and you'll have a different amount of fingers. This is called a reality check. Basically checks if you're dreaming or not. Here are some others you can do:

Press your index finger against the palm of the opposite hand, quite often in dreams, your finger will pass through.

Look at a digital clock. Notice if it stays the same.

Lean against a wall, in dreams you'll probably fall through it.

Look at some text. Look away, then look back, it's probably going to change when you look back if you're dreaming.

If you notice any of those, you're dreaming. This'll make you aware that you are dreaming. Don't get too excited, you'll wake up otherwise.

Once you are lucid dreaming, spin your body and rub your hands. This'll keep you dreaming, but when you spin, remind yourself that you're dreaming. You'll probably change location all together when you spin and it may shock you.

Another reality check is to look in a mirror. Usually, your image will be distorted. However, quite often, it is horribly distorted and will quickly lead to a nightmare. So avoid mirrors and anything that can cause a reflection.

If you find yourself somewhere you don't wanna be in your dream, close your eyes. Real tight. Then force them open as hard as you can. This'll hopefully wake you up. However, this probably will lead to sleep paralysis. That'll last up to a minute probably.

That's all I got Hope it helped.
I've been doing it sometimes, and it's awesome (you can have vivid sex..! but without being skilled at the beautiful art of lucid dreaming the excitement will wake you up before you even get started.)

but as many people don't understand it can also be scary.

Lucid dreaming is used in medicine to cure fears and phobia etc, which makes Lucid Dreaming sound like heaven, but sometimes facing your fears in the dreams can be awful, espassialy since it appears that your mind feeds on your fear when it appears as it (if you get what I mean). I once lost complete power when I was facing the black shadow which allways haunted me and I was paralyzed inside my dream unable to escape from it as it moved closer and closer... AAAAAAWWW!!!!!

But try it out it's awesome

WARNING: DO NOT LOOK INTO MIRRORS WHILE LUCID DREAMING, YOUR FACE WILL ALMOST ALWAYS LOOK DISTORTED WHICH MAY LEAD TO THE DREAM TURNING INTO NIGHTMARE.

This may not be the case for every single person, but it is a fact that many people experience (including me), but I simply ignored the mirror after being somewhat freakes out.
Last edited by BeneathTheWell! at Jul 6, 2010,
Sleep paralysis is not fun. I used to get it all the time when I was a kid.

A few lucid dreams here and there, but I've never really tried to induce them.
Quote by BeneathTheWell!

WARNING: DO NOT LOOK INTO MIRRORS WHILE LUCID DREAMING, YOUR FACE WILL ALMOST ALWAYS LOOK DISTORTED WHICH MAY LEAD TO THE DREAM TURNING INTO NIGHTMARE.

That happened to me. Annoyingly, I distinctly remember thinking "what could happen that would scare the shit out of me?". Supports my theory that my sleeping brain is a big bag of dicks.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It's weird for me not being able to lucid dream because I quite frequently have very vivid dreams, but I can never come to realise I'm in the dream itself. I feel like an idiot every time I wake up from them and realise it was indeed a dream. It's just ridiculous because when I'm dreaming everything makes sense to me, however absurd it may be.

I might try some of those binaural beats and do the hand thing before I fall asleep. It really bothers me that I never had a fvcking a lucid dream.

And I'm surprised you shouldn't look in mirrors. I read somewhere once, I think it was in ld4all.com, that stepping through can lead to interesting results. Gah I want to try this shit so much.
Quote by Whiskky
It's weird for me not being able to lucid dream because I quite frequently have very vivid dreams, but I can never come to realise I'm in the dream itself. I feel like an idiot every time I wake up from them and realise it was indeed a dream. It's just ridiculous because when I'm dreaming everything makes sense to me, however absurd it may be.

I might try some of those binaural beats and do the hand thing before I fall asleep. It really bothers me that I never had a fvcking a lucid dream.

And I'm surprised you shouldn't look in mirrors. I read somewhere once, I think it was in ld4all.com, that stepping through can lead to interesting results. Gah I want to try this shit so much.

Do it please. See a creepy thing of your own reflection and dive at it through the mirror with a gun in each hand shooting while flying through the air. You can do it.
Page 1 of 2