Page 1 of 3
I've seen many people saying negative things about Nickelback, but I often disagree. I don't understand whats so wrong about them.

The singer has very strong and unique vocals, the guitarist can actually writes riffs that are something other than powerchords(the solos are really catchy too). I don't know much about the drummer and bassist though. The lyrics are meaningful too.

Seriosuly, what's so wrong about Nickelback?
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
neither do i, they're a cool band and i don't see why people that go to nickelback concerts boo them and don't applaud, it's weird :P
From the people I've talked to they don't like his voice and have said its annoying...

I like them though so I'm in the same boat as you.
What is it? some kind of cheesy cowboy music with an angst teenage twist? There's 1000 years of music history, why Nickleback of all things
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
For many, it's jealousy
For many, it's not realizing that just because you don't like a band, it doesn't make that band bad
For many, it's a twisted obligation to hate all things popular
For many, it's the sense of arrogance that many believe Nickleback to have
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
There is not one artist/band out there which is loved by everyone, belive it or not but there will be people out there not liking your faveourite artist.
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
IMO most of their songs are pretty much the same thing copied and pasted 12 times every album. But I like AC/DC so I can't really complain about that.
The reason why I don't like them is because a lot of the music is a bit too cheesy or to simple. It seems a majority of their music is powerchords with the occasional riff thrown in that usually i'm not huge on, and while the singer has a uniques and distinguishable voice, I'm just not a fan.

That being said, thats my answer, but if you like them thats your thing and your right. Just because i think they suck doesn't mean you should too and i don't think anyone should try to force you to feel how they do. Explore whats out their (in the music world i mean) and just listen to what you like and don't let someone tell you that your an idiot for liking it.

Props for openly entering a forum that is flame happy on that type of music TS
i love alot of nickelbacks stuff....its just some songs get really overplayed on the radio which annoys me..other than that i love them
Quote by Dream Floyd
I wore a Justin Bieber shirt to one of my gigs once. I then ripped it off and burned the shirt. One of the most metal things I've ever done.

Quote by Paith
and that thing is super sexy......like megan fox sexy.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Since when has asking the pit counted as research?
Easy! it's because their music is derogitory of all good music in the world. But also that they have limited musical talent and lazily repeat ideas. The real reason I don't like them however is they are just pigs 'you look so pretty with something in your mouth' and this kinda hedonistic lifestyle they parade in their songs. Don't get me wrong, the Stones were hedonistic but they were an all time great band, Nickleback are just the successors of ACDC for dumb hick rock. Writing in none poetic artistic ways about the shallowness of their lives.

The same way people shouldn't like Oasis.

If you enjoy them I emplor you to broaden your musical horisons because the more stuff out there you find the less you'll forget these popular bands who don't deserve their success. Trust me I used to like them.
Quote by Bigshoutout
Easy! it's because their music is derogitory of all good music in the world. But also that they have limited musical talent and lazily repeat ideas. The real reason I don't like them however is they are just pigs 'you look so pretty with something in your mouth' and this kinda hedonistic lifestyle they parade in their songs. Don't get me wrong, the Stones were hedonistic but they were an all time great band, Nickleback are just the successors of ACDC for dumb hick rock. Writing in none poetic artistic ways about the shallowness of their lives.

The same way people shouldn't like Oasis.

If you enjoy them I emplor you to broaden your musical horisons because the more stuff out there you find the less you'll forget these popular bands who don't deserve their success. Trust me I used to like them.

Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Nickelback got a hold of the music industry with "Figured You Out". It was a catchy song, and radio stations loved it. Next came "Never Again", a song with more power chords. Then "Someday" which has deep meaning. Then they started to go "downhill" with the 'For All The Right Reasons' album. They had music referring to sex, but they also had song with deep meaning (Animals vs If Everyone Cared) THEN it happened... 'Dark Horse'. People felt that all the songs sounded the same. (Same reason why anyone would hate AC/DC) You must admit, there is a huge similiarity between Shakin' Hands and Something in your Mouth. Also, 85% of there music were now referring to sex or drugs, or drinking. They became very un-"mom-approved". If that makes sense... I dont think theres another band that has had there amount of success in the 2000 era. (I said BAND) So yeah...
Quote by kenvy
The singer has very strong and unique vocals

This' the first time I hear about this band, checked THREE of their songs on youtube, wouldn't really say that he' has unique and very strong voice. Sounds like a 50% over the regular rock band if ye asks mine. I don't like the looks of their frontman though, but I did like their music.
Because it's boring.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Basically, their music is highly derivative of a singular characteristic of Ten by Pearl Jam. They basically took the vocal style Eddie Vedder used in that time and over embellished it. Same thing with the riffs and sound. Vedder's lyrics are deeply meaningful while Chad Kroger's are simplistic and childish and discuss partying and sex. Vedder's have more weight. Nickelback is a caricature of Pearl Jam, a great rock band steeped in tradition and widely respected by anyone who's opinion is worth anything.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
For many, it's a dislike of boring soulless coporate rock devoid of any feeling using recycled musical ideas being played 24/7 instead of bands that are actually innovating.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
This question I wondered as well. I don't really understand why all of a sudden people have just jumped on this bandwagon of hate towards Nickelback, but it seems like its a little bit out of control with the booing at concerts and the facebook pages, etc. I have nothing against them nor do I really care for them. I haven't really paid any attention to what they have done after 'All the Right Reasons' was released because I had just simply lost interest in them after that.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

they are cheesy and their songs sound the same. I used to be a fan though. But then i got ears..... "You're so much cooler when you never pull it out
'Cause you look so much cuter with something in your mouth"
yeah, i don't get it either. i like nickelback.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I don't like them, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they suck.
I agree though that alot of it is jumping on the bandwagon just because it's cool to hate them, which is extremely stupid in my opinion.
I also would like to add that paying the money to go to one of their concerts just to boo is idiotic. If you don't like a band don't waste your time listening to them. Don't buy the CDs, and don't go to the concerts. That's what I do when I don't like a band, and it works quite well.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I don't like them, but I wouldn't go as far as to say that they suck.
I agree though that alot of it is jumping on the bandwagon just because it's cool to hate them, which is extremely stupid in my opinion.
I also would like to add that paying the money to go to one of their concerts just to boo is idiotic. If you don't like a band don't waste your time listening to them. Don't buy the CDs, and don't go to the concerts. That's what I do when I don't like a band, and it works quite well.

Mayhaps they went for the openers or headling act?
They're probably just douchebags but nickelback is almost boring enough to justify it i suppose.

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by GnikNus
They're probably just douchebags but nickelback is almost boring enough to justify it i suppose.

Maybe but the people that do it are still pricks.
If they don't like them, and an act they like comes on after then go outside, and buy shit, or whatever. They shouldn't ruin it for the people who actually enjoy the music.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
^I agree. Seems like a waste of time right there.

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by kenvy
The singer has very strong and unique vocals

I will try to hold in my laughter.

I have heard quite a bit of the junky music played on the radio now and have found 3~4 bands (i'm not sure exactly how many) that I cannot tell apart from each other. One of which is Nickelback, due to the singers all sounding alike, and all of them copying and pasting their own songs, which were firstly copied and pasted from other annoying genres before them (pop rock, country) with nothing new to offer that differs from cookie cutter music that was already bad.

Sorry about that^^^ mini-rant, though.
they're ok. i actually enjoy some of their songs. but overall theyre just a "meh" band. i agree with a lot of the posts here, theyre simple, very repetitive, i think the lead singer looks like a camel , and over played.
but i dont hate them, and just because a certain band isntour favorite isn't grounds to judge others for liking them ...i'd still go to their concert (if it was free!)
Quote by spanishyanez
How many licks does it take to get to the center of a M0lliP0Ps?

the world may never know!

e-married to KENSAI

如果你可以阅读这个,你是中国人。
I like Nickelback. Always have. But like was said already on a few occasions, "Dark Horse" was just kinda their downfall. I have a few songs from the album on my iPod, no lie. But that's because I have a habit of loving bass heavy music. And their stuff is the gutsy kinda stuff I listen to...
Quote by GnikNus

If they went for the opening act, why waste their time then to sit through a concert they know they won't enjoy? Why not leave after the opening act finishes? I mean, it's just kinda common sense... And honestly, I went to see Nickelback last summer, and it was quite possibly the best concert I'd ever been to. Just sayin'.
so we all bash nickleback for fun i guess?

not enough solos.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I used to really like them, but after the For All The Right Reasons album, they really went down hill, both lyrically and in their instrumentals. The entire Dark Horse album sounds like it's made of riffs that are all too similar, and the lyrics are just WAY too derogatory. I didn't mind the occasional lyric about women here and there, but whoever is writing their music is simply a derogatory pig. I prefer their older sound.
Member of UG's LBGTQQ
Member of the Grammar Nazi's
PM Matticuss22 to join.

Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
Girls
I like Nickelback but just like mostly everyone else I wasnt a fan of Dark Horse, thought their earlier stuff was really cool. What I think happend in the last couple albums was they were trying to sound like something they were not and as a result people including myself just fell out of grace with the albums
my friends absolutely hate nickelback, or anyone like em. i dont got a whole alot against them, i will agree that alot ot their stuff sounds the same. but hey some of their stuff i like, and if its shallow lyrics or simplistic stuff, o well. Sometimes you just need something not so heady i guess. Sometimes i just want something i can crank, sing along with and pound my steering wheel to.
Quote by kenvy

The singer has very strong and unique vocals,

lol
Quote by kenvy

the guitarist can actually writes riffs that are something other than powerchords(the solos are really catchy too).

lol

Quote by kenvy
The lyrics are meaningful too.

lol
Quote by kenvy

Seriosuly, what's so wrong about Nickelback?

lol
Ya they're a unique rock band i love the tone in Chad's voice its so raspy and deep...
They're not really, really, really bad..

Okay they are.

But the reason they are popular is his gritty voice and the mass appeal of their catchy songs.
i personally find them boring

i used to listen to them and i find that now they are too simple but at the same time not al all aggressive
Quote by acs89
Ya they're a unique rock band i love the tone in Chad's voice its so raspy and deep...

lol
Page 1 of 3