I have to EMG SAs in my guitar, and I'd like to put in a kill-Toggle Switch in it. Any body have any pointers on what would be the best way to wire a toggle switch with EMGs quik disconnect system?

Thanks for your help!
Ya, but the ground goes into the little circuit board thingy. So wire a wire from the switch to the 'hot' signal on the jack?
Sorry I assumed you have a strat with three SA pickups. In that case, you should try running the switch the Les Paul way, around the pickup selector (it's really between the hot and the ground lug of the output jack), as the "two volumes" drawing shows:

Last edited by Tinderwet at Jul 5, 2010,
I know how to wire a kill switch... It's just EMG's QD system that is giving me the head ache they aren't normal pots... and the bus... and the QD out put jack
Right now I have 2 pickups 2 volumes 1 tone connected to a 3-way selector switch. I just want to add the Toggle switch in as kill for the signal.. so I'll continue to use the 3 way selector as my pickup selector.
Scroll down to diagram #7: http://www.emginc.com/content/wiringdiagrams/H_0230-0106D.pdf

Solder two wires on the killswitch, loosen the screws for the green and the black GND wire coming from the toggle switch, slide your two killswitch wires to those two points and tighten the screws.

Or you could try using stiff copper wire soldered to the poles of the kill switch, then slide the other ends under those metal connectors on the jack's tip and sleeve lugs, so you still don't have to solder. Or you can solder the switch right there.
Last edited by Tinderwet at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by Tinderwet
Scroll down to diagram #7: http://www.emginc.com/content/wiringdiagrams/H_0230-0106D.pdf

Solder two wires on the killswitch, loosen the screws for the green and the black GND wire coming from the toggle switch, slide your two killswitch wires to those two points and tighten the screws.

Or you could try using stiff copper wire soldered to the poles of the kill switch, then slide the other ends under those metal connectors on the jack's tip and sleeve lugs, so you still don't have to solder. Or you can solder the switch right there.

Well you sure it's the black and green wires? The Black wire is the ground. I think I see what you are getting at though. so If I soldered both the neck pickup, and bridge pickup to one connector on the toggle switch, and then had both of those wires go to their specific slots then switching the toggle switch to the open position or the ground should theorectically kill the sound and still give me function of the 3 way selector switch... right?
The actual wiring I went by is still this (two volumes) one:

You can see how the killswitch is connected to the ground at one end and the output of the 3-way toggle switch at the other end. So it's wired parallel with the volume knobs and also with the output jack, thus if you close the killswitch, you shunt your entire output to ground resulting in no signal output. That's exactly what I described looking at the EMG diagram.