Trying to find out how much material we need. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry. Hardrockish and I just wanted to know the maximum time, they'd allow us. We don't have any gigs right now, or else I would ask the venue. My brother is getting us gigs in Denton soon, though. We are doing covers/originals.
Last edited by hahaha15 at Jul 5, 2010,
Well what style of music do you play? Are you headlining or supporting?
Quote by Echohead
Well what style of music do you play? Are you headlining or supporting?

this...

if you supporting 5-6 songs will be just fine
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Are you an original band or a cover band?

Are you headlining or supporting?

What style of music do you play?

Those sort of things would be important to know.
Quote by Random3
Surely it would make more sense to find out how much time you have been given and go from there.

Agree; this is kind of common sense though.

Quote by maggot9779
If you are a small supporting band i'd say 45 mins to an hour.

That kind of time allowance would only be for a big show, I'm guessing our beloved TS has no more than 20 minutes maximum.

But that's just a guess!
In my town everyone gets roughly 30 minutes if you're supporting and 45 minutes if you're headlining. Not so great but oh well.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by sashki
The average pig is around 1m 80 from snout to tail.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Echohead
Agree; this is kind of common sense though.

That kind of time allowance would only be for a big show, I'm guessing our beloved TS has no more than 20 minutes maximum.

But that's just a guess!

Meh, my old band did around 30mins when we were only playing infront of like 7 people. But we eventually got bigger gigs so we had to ramp it up to around an hour or so.

Guess it depends on the number or bands and shit.
Sorry. Hardrockish and I just wanted to know the maximum time, they'd allow us. We don't have any gigs right now, or else I would ask the venue. My brother is getting us gigs in Denton soon, though. We are doing covers/originals.
Quote by maggot9779
Guess it depends on the number or bands and shit.

Well it does yeah. If there's 4 or 5 bands needing to play in a single night then each band would only get about 20 minutes maximum; it just depends entirely on the show.

My old melodic thrash band used to rush through each song lightning quick without a seconds rest. We used to be able to get through about 5 songs in about 15 minutes without any post song banter at all; this kind of means it depends on the style of music and if your frontman / woman has anything to say to the "audience", or lack of, in many cases.

If you've only got a handful of songs, stretch them out and talk to the audience. If you've got lots of songs, talk to the audience before you start your set and just jam out as many songs as you humanely can.
Come down to the dirty south in cities like Bham, NOLA, Mobile, Atl, you'll be playing in some places for over 4 hours... I would murder an hour set
opener, thirty to forty-five minutes.
headliner, hour to hour and a half.
#DTWD
Quote by sashki
The average pig is around 1m 80 from snout to tail.

/thread
Up the Punx!
45 mins or less. Usually an hour slot, approx. 5 mins to set up, 5 min sound check, 5 mins to tear down.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?