Hey,

I'm soon going to be taking a 16 day trip and will not have access to a guitar for the duration. Does anyone have any exercises that I can do to keep my hand strength, co-ordination, etc. from going to complete shit while I'm gone?

Thanks!
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Tapping out rhythms with your fingers, practicing finger indepence through tapping with your fingers in alternating order etc etc.

You could even try one of those Gripmasters, don't know how bad they are though. Heard about people getting carpal tunnel from 'em...
Quote by TheLifeguard
Hey,

I'm soon going to be taking a 16 day trip and will not have access to a guitar for the duration. Does anyone have any exercises that I can do to keep my hand strength, co-ordination, etc. from going to complete shit while I'm gone?

Thanks!

Playing a guitar, other than that - nothing.

Seriously, it's not going to make a blind bit of difference, just enjoy doing whatever else it is youre going to be doing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheLifeguard
Hey,

Thanks!

You could do some other musically productive activities, like....... listening. Maybe explore some new music. If you're into theory you could do some studying as well.

When you come back, it won't take long to get the techniques happening again. I wouldn't worry about it.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jul 5, 2010,