Page 1 of 2
What does the Pit expect?

Personally the fact that Robert Rodriguez is producing is enough to convince me to at least see it.

Hopefully it will be a return to form after the abominable AvP movies.

In case you didn't know, it has been confirmed R rating (15 in UK), not that that means much as AvP:R was R rated and still sucked balls.

Anyone else got some blissfully wishful thinking they may want to share regarding this film
Last edited by Random3 at Jul 5, 2010,
I'm not expecting much tbh. There's very few action movies I like, and the more flashy effects, space ships and aliens come into play, the worse the films usually get imo.

Also:

Been looking forward to it for a while and am a big fan of the Alien and Predator franchises along with the Cross overs (just don't take them too seriously and ignore the terrible acting and i think they're watchable).
I'll definatly be seeing it as soon as i get a chance.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I definitely want to see it. Anything to make me feel better about the series since the awful crossover movies.. Robert Rodriguez is not actually directing it, but only producing it.. but still, im hoping for some really good violence!
I think it looks good, good enough to go see, and hopefully better than the two AvP movies. (Not that I want this thread to devolve into a AvP debate, personally I quite liked them, they just had a high standard to live up to)

I shall hopefully be going to see this though, it's got a good cast and the plot sounds pretty good as far as I've read.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Another night time horror. Woo. A hundred bajillion dollars says that it will rain, and you all you will see of the predator is some faint light glinting off it's silhouette as it runs around, having to turn its entire torso to look side to side because costume designers havent got the hang of necks yet.

More ideas need to be taken from Resident Evil 3 imo. Daylight is awesome. Seeing the monster is not a bad thing, and film makers need to realise it. Especially if its a monster we've been familiar with for almost 30 years now. I'm just pissed off with movies that have awesome looking creatures that you dont see because of poor lighting.
...In my opinion.
Predator was great, Predator 2 was crap.

I expect Predators to be even worse than 2, they try to put too much brains in a completely brainless franchise.

I mean, the most intelligent thing said in Predator was "If it bleeds, we can kill it".

Quote by Benjibum2nd
More ideas need to be taken from Resident Evil 3 imo. Daylight is awesome. Seeing the monster is not a bad thing, and film makers need to realise it. Especially if its a monster we've been familiar with for almost 30 years now. I'm just pissed off with movies that have awesome looking creatures that you dont see because of poor lighting.

Well, the first movie was mostly filmed in daylight. and daylight totally killed T4 for me.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Last edited by DirtyMakik at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by dylanfromearth
i'm expecting more choppers and with more people trying to get to them, thats about it

Quick! GET TO THE CHOPPA!
Just watched the trailer. Looks like we can forget about the kind of beautiful one-liners they have the original.
Quote by happytimeharry
I think it looks great, and seems to have a pretty good cast . Adrien Brody is awesome.

I was going to say the exact same thing, the actors are actually good, and it looks like they are doing away with really silly half baked backstories and just going back to basics.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
i absolutely adored predator 2 so im really hoping this movie is good
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
i want it to be good.
it probably wont, and i will be disapointed
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Why the hell will they call it "Predators"? It's a horrible name, for gods sake.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
Why the hell will they call it "Predators"? It's a horrible name, for gods sake.

Because there's more than one.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by dylanfromearth
i'm expecting more choppers and with more people trying to get to them, thats about it

Right actor. Wrong movie.

Quote by Ylasto

Predator = Alien
Predators = Aliens

Also because there are the Predator aliens and then the humans who are hunting the Predators.

Psuedo-Intellectual fail either way.
Last edited by Delta_Mike at Jul 5, 2010,
Could be good, looks alright, me and a mate are going to see it on Thursday and it should be some good shizz! Failing that, I'll laugh in appropriately and annoy everyone else in the cinema, sounds good to me
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

I expect fun. Rodriguez projects have never failed to entertain me.

Bring back 80s action films! If this and The Expendables were released alongside each other it would be a marathon of awesome.
Quote by Delta_Mike
Right actor. Wrong movie.

"Get to da choppa!" is from Predator.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Holy crap, Laurence Fishburn is in it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
After seeing Splice I decided I'll be seeing Predators.

Adrien Brody kicks so much ass.
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
lol @ the guy who plays predator. http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3717438720/nm0575216

It looks like it'll be above the rest of the current predator movies. Looks like they're taking the story and just throwing human elite warriors to their own planet for game.

Predators need pussy imo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
im looking forward to checking it out, i was a big fan of the original predator and i actually liked avp2, the acting was nothing special but it had enough dismemberment and explosions to keep me entertained.

useless side note : only female predators are hunters, which means all the predators you have seen in the movies have been female.
I saw the trailer. What a load of shit.
It's just cheesy, cooked in a slice of cheese with grated cheese on top with a **** dipped in.

It's not fresh, it's rehashed crap. What a shame, Hollywood.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Anyone else think that the Predators are a bunch of punk pussy bitches?

Snatching us humans and then hunting us with their superior technology? Its racist and demoralizing imo.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by z4twenny

useless side note : only female predators are hunters, which means all the predators you have seen in the movies have been female.

That explains their mouths...
AVP ws the 1st movie of either series I watched. After watching Alien and Aliens along with Predator it was a sad comparison. No sense of horror in it. Atleast AVPR was a awesome gore fest.

But from the trailer (and the acting line-up) i"d say we're in for one hell of a movie. Original script. More then 1 Predator. And the trailer looks like it'll be of the squad being hunted and fighting for survival in a world that'll make Avatar's Pandora look like a vacation home.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Quote by Phoenix Reborn
AVP ws the 1st movie of either series I watched. After watching Alien and Aliens along with Predator it was a sad comparison. No sense of horror in it. Atleast AVPR was a awesome gore fest.

But from the trailer (and the acting line-up) i"d say we're in for one hell of a movie. Original script. More then 1 Predator. And the trailer looks like it'll be of the squad being hunted and fighting for survival in a world that'll make Avatar's Pandora look like a vacation home.

Are you saying AVP is better than Alien? Or Predator? There is something wrong with you
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I think it looks amazing. I loved the first Predator, hated the 2nd, I liked AVP, thought AVPR was eh real disappointing.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Predator = good movie
Predator 2 = lame
AvP = Not too bad even though there were no marines
AvP:R = Couldn't see a damn thing to even judge it
Predators = Can it be any worse that AvP:R? We'll see...
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by GaijinFoot
Are you saying AVP is better than Alien? Or Predator? There is something wrong with you

Anything but. AVP can't compare to the original movies. The only thing I really liked about AVP was the fight scenes (especially the final fight against the Queen). And that still didn't compare to the Queen VS Weaver in the Loader.

I was just saying that AVP was the 1st Alien or Pred movie I ever saw. It's pretty good but compare to Predator, Alien, Aliens or Alien 3)
Have a good one,
Phoenix
Last edited by Phoenix Reborn at Jul 5, 2010,
Looks better than Predator. Yeah I said it!
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Just saw this movie, I really enjoyed it. And Topher Grace was in it and actually had a pretty big part!
Page 1 of 2