It should be being delivered sometime from tomorrow to Thursday, and after reading reviews on it, I'm fairly concerned with what I've heard about the bridge and the tuning stability. Would it be possible, at all, to fit a locking nut to this guitar without drilling the neck?

If I get it and really don't like it, i can easily resell it for more than i paid for it.

Whilst i'm here, could somebody tell me the name of the Stratocaster double locking systems that behave like Floyd Rose systems?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Strats don't have floyd roses by default.

If it has a regular nut, installing a locking nut would require both drilling and routing of some sort, both of a precise nature..
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
No. It is pointless to fit a locking nut to a guitar without a bridge with fine tuners. It just won't work. You'll need to upgrade the bridge as well.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by Zamorak
Strats don't have floyd roses by default.

If it has a regular nut, installing a locking nut would require both drilling and routing of some sort, both of a precise nature..

I didn't say they did, I asked for the name of the ones you could buy to replace the Vintage tremolo unit.

Also, to the above, is there anywhere online where i could get the dimensions of a Floyd Rose bridge?
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
It should be being delivered sometime from tomorrow to Thursday, and after reading reviews on it, I'm fairly concerned with what I've heard about the bridge and the tuning stability. Would it be possible, at all, to fit a locking nut to this guitar without drilling the neck?

If I get it and really don't like it, i can easily resell it for more than i paid for it.

Whilst i'm here, could somebody tell me the name of the Stratocaster double locking systems that behave like Floyd Rose systems?

Got a GRG270DX, I thought the tuning stability of mine was fine, obviously after changing the cruddy strings and setting it up properly. I learned that it's hard to mess with its bridge after setting it up.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Regarding the second thing, I believe it's possible to raise a strat bridge of the body enough so that you can pull the bar up. I think that's what Jeff Beck does.

That can cause damage to the body from what i've heard.

Quote by Vantage
Got a GRG270DX, I thought the tuning stability of mine was fine, obviously after changing the cruddy strings and setting it up properly. I learned that it's hard to mess with its bridge after setting it up.

How so?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Regarding the second thing, I believe it's possible to raise a strat bridge of the body enough so that you can pull the bar up. I think that's what Jeff Beck does.
I'm pretty sure he has a two-point floating trem.

Quote by King Twili
That can cause damage to the body from what i've heard.
I haven't had any, but there are a LOT of tuning instabilities I think, especially since its not locking.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
So, The GRG turned up today, and for the past half an hour I've been "testing" the bridge on it (ie. punishing the **** out of it see how stable it is in the tuning department). I'm actually fairly impressed; it doesn't seem to be near as bad as it's put out to be, although it does lose it's tuning after some really heavy Trem usage.

Any pickups you could recommend? I feel it would be a good idea to replace these.

KingEdit: Will locking tuners do any good?
Last edited by King Twili at Jul 6, 2010,
Quote by King Twili

KingEdit: Will locking tuners do any good?

i think i heard about someones signature where they had locking tuners rather than a locking nut with an FR style trem. so i'd give it a shot, can't make the stability worse than non locking tuners i suppose
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
Quote by lolometer1
i think i heard about someones signature where they had locking tuners rather than a locking nut with an FR style trem. so i'd give it a shot, can't make the stability worse than non locking tuners i suppose

Any brands you would recommend?
Quote by King Twili
Any brands you would recommend?

Sperzel and Gotoh are the ones most users swear by here.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Don't waste your money on name brand tuners. These works flawlessly. http://store.guitarfetish.com/negostlotusp.html

Locking tuners+graphite nut should be nearly as stable as a locking nut.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Personally, I would go with some authentic Schaller tuners-- not the fake Ping tuners that say Fender on them. I haven't had much experience with Gotoh tuners, but I am always leery of "less expensive" tuners. Most of the time, you get what you pay for.

All I can say is that I have Schallers on three of my guitars and have installed them on countless other guitars. I have never had a problem with them. Sperzels are nice too, but I don't like how narrow the locking knob is.