What are some good redemption albums? I'm talking about the great album that comes after a few bad ones. The album that makes you remember why you liked the band in the first place. This isnt about comeback albums, but for good albums that came out after you thought maybe the band's best was behind them.

I'll start,

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californiacation
Machinehead - The Blackening
Iron Maiden - Brave new World
AC/DC - Stiff Upper Lip

.....blah blah blah Death Magnetic
Last edited by LedInMyHead at Jul 5, 2010,
I don't know, but many consider Death Magnetic Metallica's Redemption album, and people consider United Abominations Megadeth's redemption album.
DeVillains!
I'll be honest here. Death Magnetic. Yes, yes, it was terrible, but it was a step back in the correct direction. Seriously, it's better than load/reload/st. anger by far.

/flameshield.

EDDIT:

^^^^

The playground of the world
Last edited by Eddie4President at Jul 5, 2010,

EDIT: God damnit you guys ^^^. I probably should've read through the thread first...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Sevendust - Cold Day Memory

Incubus - Light Grenades

To name a few off the top of my head.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Chinese Democracy.
Smell ya later!
Quote by Hippy's Son
wow, these people are a bunch of stupid drama queens. everybody dies, idiots, not every guitar breaks.

UG's resident Pokemon Leauge Champion!
Pokemon RBY CYOA!
No to Chinese democracy. That was a comeback album. There were no "bad" albums before it (Spaghetti Experiment doesnt count).
CHINESE.... err wait guns didnt make a bad album til that one...

i dont know of one off the top of my head but death magnetic cant be considered one.. it was just as bad as st.anger and load/re-load werent even bad before it, just different..

brian wilson - SMILE!

seriously, why not?
Heaven and Hell by Black Sabbath. Definately a huge turn around from Sabotage, Technical Ecstasy, and Never Say Die!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Vintage Mahagony - Cherry
Homemade EVH Black&White Frankenstrat
Marshall Vintage Modern 2466
Marshall 425B cab
EVH phase 90 + 117 Flanger, Dunlop Hendrix Fuzz Face + Crybaby 535Q, Boss DD-20, Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Eminem-Recovery. FLAMESHIELD ACTIVE
The Black Keys-Brothers.
Didn't really like Attack and Release.
meh
Quote by Zeppelin Addict
brian wilson - SMILE!

seriously, why not?

I adore SMiLE's version of Good Vibrations....

Brian Wilson is oh so underrated.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Am I the only one that actually loves and enjoys Death Magnetic?
Tell me who's that writin'...
The self-titled Killswitch Engage album, seriously, it's one hundred times better then As Daylight Dies, though this is just opinion, I DEMAND MINE TO BE RECOGNIZED.

Poop.

Yes, poop.
Quote by MattAnderson111
The self-titled Killswitch Engage album, seriously, it's one hundred times better then As Daylight Dies, though this is just opinion, I DEMAND MINE TO BE RECOGNIZED.

Depends which one you're talking about. The original self-titled they did way back in the day is awesome; the one they did last year compared to is lame and poppy. Besides, Alive Or Just Breathing slays most "modern" metalcore albums without mercy.

Honestly, Alive Or Just Breathing is a viscous piece of work.
Quote by get ta led out!
Eminem-Recovery. FLAMESHIELD ACTIVE

I semi-agree. I liked Relapse so I don't really see it as a "comeback", per se. Although from what I've heard, no one else seems to like Relapse or Encore (which were 2 of my favorite albums ).
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by Kylianvb
Am I the only one that actually loves and enjoys Death Magnetic?

I loved it, hence my post
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by DirtyMakik
I adore SMiLE's version of Good Vibrations....

Brian Wilson is oh so underrated.

agreed! good vibrations is outstanding!

he definitely is.. blows my mind how intricate and beautiful he wrote without being all there in his own head...
Megadeth - Endgame

but I don't think any of Megadeth's albums are bad. They're all fking great. Endgame, however, proved that they could still make amazing music even at their age and what they've been through. It proved that they weren't just going to "fade away" if you will....
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Quote by MattAnderson111

They're both garbage as is the rest of the core discography, and everyone knows it. I do hope you like actual music man or your going to look like a total fool when the fad ends.

on topic: Nevermind
Quote by bass-boy-garith
They're both garbage as is the rest of the core discography, and everyone knows it. I do hope you like actual music man or your going to look like a total fool when the fad ends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJlHTKSH3JU

Go away, "bass-boy-garith"
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Killswitch is awesome, go fk yourself
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Quote by bass-boy-garith

Ok, I personally don't care for KSE, but if you're just flaming, stop it.

OT: Probably Diamond Eyes by Deftones.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by JayT44
I semi-agree. I liked Relapse so I don't really see it as a "comeback", per se. Although from what I've heard, no one else seems to like Relapse or Encore (which were 2 of my favorite albums ).

I liked Encore a little, but that song based around an ass was retarded. And I listened to 10 seconds of relapse and said **** it.
meh
Black clouds and silver linings - Dream Theater.

Not perfect but better than the last album by a long way.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by get ta led out!
I liked Encore a little, but that song based around an ass was retarded. And I listened to 10 seconds of relapse and said **** it.

I hated Recovery the first listen through. Gave it a second shot last week and haven't listened to anything but it and Relapse in a playlist since.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by LedInMyHead
No to Chinese democracy. That was a comeback album. There were no "bad" albums before it (Spaghetti Experiment doesnt count).

Well, in a way, there were no albums before it. Guns had been dormant for 15-odd years, and all the concerts had received pretty poor reviews. It was a revival, at the very least.
Iron Maiden...Brave New World.

Blaze couldn't sing so hot. Adrian Smith was an amzing guitarist. Bring back both Bruce and Adrian on the same album and if that isn't redeptian as wel as letting the world know you can still make awesome music...I don't know what is.
Have a good one,
Phoenix