It seems that there are many more female bass players than there are female guitar players. Why do you think this is?

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Because they already have the right hand part down.

/notmyjoke
looks sexier

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Because its easier to start off right away. Most of the girl bassist just play root notes.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Because it's easier and they don'T have to worry about hitting on girls (oh well...) and look badass
(easier in sense of playing root notes...i really haven't seen a single girl slapping and popping..)
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Probably because bass is easier to learn and play in a band setting. But I think it is purely coincidental
Quote by Chromex
Thisthisthis.

glad i aint the only one on here that has noticed this

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

I actually know more female guitarists than bass players.

I played guitar and then ended up taking up bass later on. I always loved deep tones in music. And honestly--I find it easier to play guitar than bass, but more satisfying to play bass.
Because their guitarist boyfriend made them.

except for tam.

who's drummer husband was like, cool.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Out of all the bass players I know personally, only two are girls...and they both play upright, I don't think either of them have even ever touched a bass guitar before.

All the female musicians I know play keys or guitar, and on those they play circles around me
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Kozlic
Because it's easier and they don'T have to worry about hitting on girls (oh well...) and look badass
(easier in sense of playing root notes...i really haven't seen a single girl slapping and popping..)

emma anzai of the sick puppies, look her up.

Quote by Spaz91
Because they prefer 34" to 22"

25.5" or 24.75"
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Kozlic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5q5VAxsAh0&feature=related

EDIT: Damn, beaten to it...

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
women are the same species as men. Suspect they have same reasons for playing bass. I play bass primarily because I'm a rhythm junkie, I've also loved the sound ever since I heard those early Motown basslines and I don't have the sort of ego that needs to be up front I'm comfortable in the engine room. Aren't all bass players a bit like that?
Quote by Phil Starr
women are the same species as men. Suspect they have same reasons for playing bass.

Don't talk such nonsense
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Chicks dig bass because its more soul and less screeching (guitars). And it turns them on.
Oh, I always thought it was becasue it rumbles their vaginas into ecstasy.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Quote by lkngro

I thought this was rubbish until my ex sat on my 1x15 and I started playing... she now plays bass when she had no interest in music before this.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Lol...
Well, my personal guess is that they simply love those low tones.

Barry White is a good example. What chick doesn't like it? :P
Because there aren't enough bass players all together.

Also, i feel like alot of guys play more guitar than bass and with girls it's 50/50. So they just get noticed more.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by lkngro

The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of. Isn't it 33hz for a 120lb woman?

...I used to have a couch rigged up with vibrating transducers that went to the music/movie/game in place of a subwoofer. The young women of my dormitory kept requesting I play bass-heavy music for some reason.

That's my sexually inappropriate utterance for the day... what are the odds it ended up in the bass forum instead of the pit?
Here's the real reason:

In the 60s Jimi Hendrix turned the guitar from a normal instrument into a 6-stringed **** to wanked off in order jizz hot squealing notes all over the audiences faces.

For some reason, girls do not have the urge to do so.

Also, despite prefering bass guitars, every male bassist dreams of doing an almighty power metal solo in front of millions of adoring fans.
Bass = sexy and if the chick thinks that they too are sexy, well...
John 3:16 = Truth

Sight reading tableture = Guitar Hero for real guitarists
i know a few girls who play guitar and only 1 who plays bass.Was gonna say never met a girl who's a drummer but then i remembered my ex from many years ago xD
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
well first of all its sexier and turns most guys on. and its easy to play starting out, girls can't have long nails and play bass though..
Spoon + Pen = Spen
Quote by HJS >.>
What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.
Quote by Spaz91
I looked her up just now. I'm amazed that someone was able to make a Warwick sound so crap.

*tsk* women.

Well she WAS playing slap, I said nothing about her sound, which is probably a good thing.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of. Isn't it 33hz for a 120lb woman?

...I used to have a couch rigged up with vibrating transducers that went to the music/movie/game in place of a subwoofer. The young women of my dormitory kept requesting I play bass-heavy music for some reason.

That's my sexually inappropriate utterance for the day... what are the odds it ended up in the bass forum instead of the pit?

Sig'd. It's that good.

But also, having that couch is an awesome-yet-kind-of-creepy idea. I may have to try it.

Quote by dullsilver_mike

Quote by jackers1234

Young Knees
Because they're already used to using their fingers.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
The bass is/can be an overall more sensual instrument than the guitar, not only in looks and feel and sound, but playing style. Plus, they're the foundation for many bands.

You know that old saying "behind every good man is a good woman?"

"Behind every good guitar player is a good bass player?"

Eh?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores