Poll: How does UG feel about grammar nazis?
Poll Options
View poll results: How does UG feel about grammar nazis?
wat, i leik thme.
58 34%
Your dumb
17 10%
I hate them with passion
17 10%
I don't give a shit.
80 47%
Voters: 172.
Page 1 of 4
How does The Pit feel about grammar nazis? My friends list on Facebook is filled with them and i want to stab them.

My full opinion is here--->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SBUmTR97R8
All American Guitarist
Gear:

Fender Mustang Special
Takamine G Series
Custom Painted Rogue Dreadnought
Bugera 2X12 Cab
Bugera V55 Head
Morley Tremonti Power Wah
Fuzz Fucker(handbuilt fuzz factory clone)
Basic English grammer and speling should be achieved too avoid the rath of a grammar nazy.
I don't mind bad grammar most of the time but when people don't know the friggin difference between "they're and there" im gonna get piss*d

also people that spell "cant" and "carnt" WTF??? go to school!
I only hate it when they make useless posts to correct grammar, and contribute nothing to the thread.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Grammar nazis are not really that smart. They notice a mistake, because they seem to only notice a few common mistakes, and then go on a huge rant full of bad grammar.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
I don't mind them unless it's a small dumb type that doesn't affect the meaning of the post. But I appreciate that most people here type reasonably.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Hopefully they're English majors. If not, then god have mercy on their souls. :/
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
There are other things to be concerned about than how some person on the internet is writing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I like that right now, the thread right under this one is called "Ad's on UG"
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
Quote by SaxMachine124
I like that right now, the thread right under this one is called "Ad's on UG"

haha
Maybe that's what he meant. Ad is on UG!

edit: I watched the Youtube thing. TS is a whiny bitch. Imagine, he mocks people on facebook for wasting time correcting grammar and actually directed and edited a video about it.
Last edited by GaijinFoot at Jul 5, 2010,

Lolz.

EDIT: I dont mind them. im too lazy to type apostrophes anyway.
Last edited by guitaristren at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by Kensai
There are other things to be concerned about than how some person on the internet is writing.

Yet I loved the capital letter at the start of your sentence and the full stop at the end.
Quote by wizards?
If you can't use basic grammar skills that you're taught in grades 1-6 then you honestly shouldn't be speaking or typing at all.

Exactly. I don't nitpick and I certainly wouldn't embarrass someone, but it isn't particularly difficult to speak and write properly.
Heil Grammar! Glory to the 1000 year Reich and it's regime of perfect Syntax.
I am a grammar Nazi...

ಠ_ಠ
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
they piss me off to some degree.

this is an internet forum not an English class, i don't want to be told when i'm making grammar mistakes. i know when i type here on UG i tend to type rather quickly without regard to spelling or grammar and i know i'm not the only one who does this. honestly, my grammar skills on a guitar forum aren't a proper gauge of my intelligence, stop treating it as such.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by pwnerer
ITT: TS wants people to watch his youtube channel.

It's CollegeHumor.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by avalonfour
Exactly. I don't nitpick and I certainly wouldn't embarrass someone, but it isn't particularly difficult to speak and write properly.

Talking and writing is different. Some people sound out the word on the page. It's annoying but no need to come down on them.

You think that's bad? Outside my house is a sign on the COUNCIL OFFICE!! that says 'The sun has got it's hat on'

RAGE!
People who have to correct every mistake they spot are annoying, but I do think that you should be able to use proper grammar and spelling when writing in your native language. Something I can't stand though is people who know how to write properly but rite liek dis cuz there lazy.
Quote by pwnerer
What?

It's not TS, it's CollegeHumor.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44

It's not TS, it's CollegeHumor.

Pretty sure its TS and is 18 views.
Quote by wizards?
If you can't use basic grammar skills that you're taught in grades 1-6 then you honestly shouldn't be speaking or typing at all.

Not everyone is from an english speaking country you know.

And well...I hate those people that correct someone for little mistakes. But seriously...if you wanna make a post on an international forum please learn english at least so much that you can be understood.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Last edited by Kozlic at Jul 5, 2010,
Quote by GaijinFoot

Looking at his profile pic, username and other threads it's definitely TS.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Don't even watch the view. He is just view whoring.
I usually don't care how a person types or spells, and grammar nazis are funny sometimes.

There's one exception, though.. And that is when someone types using "U" for "You" and "R" for "Are" and so on.. That annoys me. Or when you add unnecessary letters to a word... "Heyyyy" or "wowwwwww".

Example: "U r an idiot go die u loser lol, neeeeeeeerd" (Quote from RuneScape just a minute ago. Oh, yes, I play RuneScape. I am a loser, a nerd, and everything in between. Kthnxbai)
Quote by GaijinFoot

I'll just shut up then. I didn't even open the video I just took the other guy's word for it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
i hate it when they piss over little stuff like for instance you made a mistake in your thing, also i have bad spelling to start with so it doesnt help
Grammar nazis are there to make people realise their mistakes and angry. That's why I love them.
Can't stop the spirits when they need you This life is more than just a read thru
Quote by Kozlic
Not everyone is from an english speaking country you know.

I understand that not everyone is from a country where English is the prevailing language, and I usually will check where they are from before I criticize, but if they're from the United States, Canada, or the United Kingdom, they should know better.
Sean117, please define "Grammar Nazi"

The comments in the thread thus far are very misleading.
Page 1 of 4