Im looking to build a pedal board over time. Ive had two multi-fx boxes a zoom gfx-5 and a zoom 7.1ut. The 7.1 sounded ok but regardless on both units the foot switches broke over time so i cant really use them anymore anyway.

Since then ive been looking at pedals and just want some general advice on whats generally considered good for each category. So far i have just two

Boss DS-2
EHX Small Clone

The other stuff im looking for is a fuzz/phasor/reverb especially and not so much flange/wah/EQ/tremolo/Delay/Overdrive

Options ive considered are
building my own pedals (guitarpcb.com kinda stuff)
big muff
holy grail
small stone
phase 90
DS-1
DF-7

my price limit for A PEDAL is about 100$ no boutique pedals tho their good but very pricey. Also what are your opinions on having a pedal board vs a multi-fx unit? Since ive looked at the boss me50/me70 as well but having individual pedals seems better. Thanks
pedals > multifx
plmokn12 wrote:
Yes! You deserve a high five in the spirit of Jim Henson.

Gretsch G5129
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Yamaha FG-336SB
A multfx setup can be nice and simple but you can fine tune each effect by mixing and matching different pedals that you pick out specifically for their sound. You can't do that with multi-fx.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Quote by Zamorak
A multfx setup can be nice and simple but you can fine tune each effect by mixing and matching different pedals that you pick out specifically for their sound. You can't do that with multi-fx.

Excellent point.

On individual pedals:

Distortion
Barber Dirty Bomb
Blackstar HT-Dist

Phaser
MXR Phase 90 / EHX Small Clone are pretty decent pedals.
Ibanez Phase Tone if you can find one

Fuzz
Blackout Effectors Musket Fuzz (used)
EHX Big Muff
MJM London Fuzz (used)

Reverb I'm not that big on but I think there's a Hermedia Audios (SP?) 'verb for like 99 bucks.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

You know, delay pedals are more common than reverbs for a reason.

As far as reverb goes, the Digitech Digiverb is pretty good, and it's right about $100... for delay, you could get a Memory Boy or Memory Toy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
cool thank for the responses ill definately check them out.

As far as what styles I play. Me and some friends are doing a cover band for fun just bars and such. Mostly cover rock/alternative ie weezer/nirvana/foo fighters/ and muse but also other random songs. Just looking for a very versatile set of pedals to get a wide range of sounds. especially for distortion.
Quote by Raijouta
You know, delay pedals are more common than reverbs for a reason.

As far as reverb goes, the Digitech Digiverb is pretty good, and it's right about $100... for delay, you could get a Memory Boy or Memory Toy.

`cos you can emulate reverb with a delay