Would a blackstar HT-5 work well for Hardcore/Metal/Grunge or a little bit higher gain stuff? I mean i'm not playing deathcore or death metal or anything, some bands I like to play are Metallica, No Warning, Nirvana, Iron Age, Black Sabbath, Trapped Under Ice, pretty much anything in my profile.

Also saw a good deal on a Blackheart Little Giant. So info on that would be good as well I guess.

I'm leaning more towards the Blackstar, but chances are I might not get either of these, but saw deals on both them of that left me to take both of them into consideration.

Any input would be good.
the blackstar is much better suited than the blackheart for your grunge/metal/hardcore... its very versatile...

what else have you been looking at?
I really doubt i'll end up getting the Blackstar, I was just looking at it. I want to be able to play out and jam w/ friends occasionally and maybe jam with it eventually. But right now majority of my playing will be done in my house.

My budget is between $300-400, and I was mostly just looking for a head(and get a 2x12 to go with after), Preferaably in the 50 Watt Range, but there are a few higher watt heads im looking at. Mostly i'm looking for these amps or similar amps:
Bugera 1990
Marshall JCM series
Peavey 5150
etc.
Get the blackstar, the blackheart is aweful for metal compared to the blackstar. I have bought a bunch of amps and when i had my blackstar i actually kept it for a reasonable amount of time. It is good as long as you don't need large gig volumes.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
yea if you cranked your volume you could hear it over a drummer but playing a large show it might be hard if you use the blackstar as your monitor.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE