Me and my friends are planning on starting trying to make some movies for the summer soon so I was wondering what my options for a video editing software were we don't need it to much just the basics so any free or easily findable software would work really. Thank you pit.

tl;dr: I need a video editing software. What do you use?

EDIT: Windows 7
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Last edited by wannabestoner69 at Jul 5, 2010,
Windows or Mac?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum. It's a wonderful program with a lot of capabilities. Adobe premier is another route to go if you need extra umph. Both those cost under $100. If you go the free route and require just bare bones capabilities, Windows Movie Maker is perfect for you. Wax is another one that I've heard of that does great things but tends to crash a lot and doesn't accept a lot of video formats. There's a bunch of free video editors for linux but I don't remember the names of them.

Good luck with making movies and have fun.
Windows: Movie Maker, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects (These last two were a pain in the ass to learn the limited I used them.

Mac: Final Cut Pro
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

For windows then Windows Movie Maker seems to be a good, easy to use piece of software.

Casual use ftw.

You could also 'source' Adobe Premiere but it wouldn't really be worth it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page