okay so today i was supposed to pickup my paycheck, go home and blow all my money on god knows what cuz i sure as hell won't remember tomorrow. but i can't. why? cuz the my boss didn't get our paychecks today because the office he picks them up from is closed. i couldn't cash it anyway cuz all the banks are closed too. plus we were severely stressed today cuz we didn't get our delivery of food today because.....you guessed it the produce delivery company we order thruough is closed. why all of this? because of 4th of July.

but 4th of July was yesterday! today is Monday the 5th. what does this all have to do with anything?

well i remembered the alot of businesses/basically all of cooperate america close on mondays/fridays even if a holiday (Memorial day, 4th of July etc.) lands on the weekend because "In Observance of _______Holiday, we will be closed on Monday/Friday"

does anyone else think that's a bunch of bullshit? i mean are these people really that lazy? do they want their 3 day weekend THAT BAD? i think it's rather annoying but i've ranted enough already.

so how does everyone else feel about this? discuss
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
actually I work for a bank...I am very happy about this haha because we have been busy as hell and baisically for the hard work of corporate america we get a holiday even if it is the day afterwards. Plus I get paid for it
Well, I'm off, so I can't say that I mind.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
hell yeah, man! I mean, it might be annoying that so many things are closed and so many different companies not operating, but those people need that break.
I mean, consider if you were a mailman, and the world depended upon you for mail... 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. WOuldn't you want that extra day of vacation from driving around in a (thankfully) white car dumping shit in peoples' mailboxes, not being allowed to listen to music?
Lol, yeah, people are that lazy... if a holiday is in weekend, why wwasting such an amazing opportunity to scratch our balss ? hahaha

There's

NEVER

enough

GAIN

if the holiday landed on a weekday then by all means, take the extra day off. but my point is that if it lands on the weekend, then tough shit. that's my pet peeve. the lots of businesses close even if the holiday was on the weekend....
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I feel you. I wanted to order some food from this store up the road but they were closed because of it. I was hungry, dammit.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Banks shouldn't get the day after Independence Day off. It's not as if Independence Day is a real holiday, it's only celebrating the day a Will Smith movie came out, yet you don't have an I, Robot day or a Bad Boys II day.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.