I'm looking for a new amp. I want a metal amp. I currently have a Spider. I'd like to spend $200 or less but i would consider going over. I'd like at least 30 watts. Could anyone suggest me an amp
Well first off you're going to have to raise your budget. With your current budget a Spider is pretty much all you could get. To get something decent you're going to have to spend somewhere between $400-$600
Quote by Batmax
Well first off you're going to have to raise your budget. With your current budget a Spider is pretty much all you could get. To get something decent you're going to have to spend somewhere between $400-$600

Not necessarily, if you don't mind going used. Personally, I've gotten some really good metal tones out of Crate amps. I've got a GTH12000H and my friend uses an XT120R, both of which have worked very well. You can find those used for under $200 easy. Best thing to do though would be to go to your local music shop(s) and test out all the different amps there, and see which one sounds good to you
Quote by 100%
I'm looking for a new amp. I want a metal amp. I currently have a Spider. I'd like to spend $200 or less but i would consider going over. I'd like at least 30 watts. Could anyone suggest me an amp

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-20X-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=487031

$50usd more and you can get the 30 watt version. But I don't see why you spend the extra money.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's not an upgrade, that's a sidestep. Why get ANOTHER practice amp?

Save up more.

I would suggest saving up more as well. But I was just helping him with what he asked is all.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
The only way that you're going to get an amp that you are really happy with is saving up a lot more money.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
The only way that you're going to get an amp that you are really happy with is saving up a lot more money.

I disagree sir. I am quite happy with my GTH1200 thank you.
Quote by forsaknazrael
There's always going to be good deals, but not everyone is lucky enough to find them.

Just because you are an exception doesn't make it the norm.

Perhaps, but the presence of an exception means that it is not the only way

Regardless, the best way to find the right amp for you is to go out and play a bunch of different amps. Your ears will be good judges
In most cases, once you play a high quality tube amp, you'll end up thinking that you're practice amp is awful.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
With $200 should know yourself that's not a lot of money. Save up for a few months if need be. It will be a hell of a lot more worth it in the long run.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by FuzzLove
In most cases, once you play a high quality tube amp, you'll end up thinking that you're practice amp is awful.

Can't agree more, I'm in between amps and my tiny terror made my amplug sound like I should just throw it away
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.