My friend showed me one and I must say its quite fantastic, though Im not a fan of the hundred dollar price tag.
Anyone know how to build one slash how exactly they work?
Essentially, an Ebow is like a super finely-tuned magnet. The Metals and the magnetic feild given off by the ebow, interferes with the magnetic feild of your pickups much like the strings do, but at different frequencies or whatnot.

I'm no expert on them, but thats the general idea of how they work. And to build one, well, good luck mate
http://www.logosfoundation.org/elektron/ebow_amp.gif

That's a schematic, I'm not sure on the telephone pickup or the transformer though, you'll have to work it out yourself.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
jesus christ can people just help the guy and not be wiseasses and post google links. im sure that took you more time to do than to actually google and help the guy out
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
Quote by rking19
jesus christ can people just help the guy and not be wiseasses and post google links. im sure that took you more time to do than to actually google and help the guy out

Where do you get off? Your post was even less helpful than the LMGTFY link.

That being said, I can't do more than what's already been done.
I think your gonna find in the end it will be cheaper to go buy one. Many have built their own sustainers but a lot of time goes into getting them right. And unless your sitting around on disability then you time is gonna be worth something to.
Quote by rking19

Not really, like 2 mins. And I thought it WAS rather helpful, considering that not many people on the internet HAVE built an eBow, so I linked to people who HAVE built an ebow.