Please add your own content below! Whether it be a solo-snippet, riff-snippet or breakdown. Show us old vs new you! It'll be fun.

I was listening to my older songs today, and I was like, gah dang, these solos are soo bad. So I wanted to extract the solos from the old and new songs and compare them, and I thought also, at the same time, "Hey! Why don't I post these on the forums?" So here I am posting on the forums. Most of the song information is still intact into the files. The solos are unedited from their original files, and are what I would have considered a solo at the time. In the files there are gaps, this means that there are more than one solos there were all over the place, and I cut out all of the song around it so you could hear the solos and compare.

This is not for critique, this is for people interested in seeing how my writing has progressed.

I would like to see how everyone else's writing has progressed as well. Maybe you could extract some sections from your songs, or even, heck, post the whole things, and we all discuss our thoughts and whatnot about how you have became what you have today!

I don't know it seems fun to me, someone will respond with the message, "What a douchebag idiot! Why would we ever want to do that," but I don't care lol. I want to do it, if anyone else wants to do this, go ahead and join in

Free game, all formats of my files for 7 solos from the past and present have been included below
Attachments:
Old vs New Solos [ALL].zip
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
Last edited by defiance64 at Jul 6, 2010,
Just commenting, on the first pairing of Old Vs. New, I liked both of them. >_>

My work isn't based off of soloing enough to put here, though. XD. I do think it's interesting to go revisit my first... Power Tab stuff every now and again though. Before I knew anything about music theory.
Quote by Msu_Man04
Just commenting, on the first pairing of Old Vs. New, I liked both of them. >_>

My work isn't based off of soloing enough to put here, though. XD. I do think it's interesting to go revisit my first... Power Tab stuff every now and again though. Before I knew anything about music theory.

No certainly no limits, any kind of work, I just happened to post Solos. That's why I left "solos" out of the title. Just old content versus the new. It would be awesome Post some snippets or full songs in a zip and let the world see you versus dino-you.
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.