Ok so I have noticed that the Sovtek or Russian made big muff pedals go for more money that the regular EHX Big Muff pedals. Why is that? Are they really that much better? Would it be worth spending the extra money for the Russian one rather than buying the regular one sold today? Thanks
They sound pretty different actually.
The Russian one is a bit more bassy, and you can get some tones out of it that are less fuzz and more overdrive.
The American one is more smooth and liquidy in my opinion.

Both are awsome pedals, you just have to decide which one you like the best. Listen to some videos on youtube.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
The Russian only costs so much because it's discontinued.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by FuzzLove
They sound pretty different actually.
The Russian one is a bit more bassy, and you can get some tones out of it that are less fuzz and more overdrive.
The American one is more smooth and liquidy in my opinion.

Both are awsome pedals, you just have to decide which one you like the best. Listen to some videos on youtube.

I disagree a lot. The Russian has tighter bass, whereas the NYC is rather flabby.
it's very noticeable if you were to use them on bass guitar.

The Black Russian, a good one, will also lead to some great sustain and violin like fuzz tones.
The NYC is hairier and has more top end.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I disagree a lot. The Russian has tighter bass, whereas the NYC is rather flabby.
it's very noticeable if you were to use them on bass guitar.

The Black Russian, a good one, will also lead to some great sustain and violin like fuzz tones.
The NYC is hairier and has more top end.
+1 although to my ear it's more sax than violin. Like this Russion Muff clip in my profile....

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/fly135/music/play542815
Alright thanks for all the help One last question would it be good to have both an American one and Russian clone i guess or would that be over kill?