Page 1 of 2
First thing is first...If you are coming here to say Avenged Sevenfold sucks, Synyster customs suck, get a real/better guitar etc. please do not even bother :p

Ok anyway I have had this guitar since February. I bought it "like new in box" from a music store on Ebay because it was $200 cheaper than a new one. I figured It would have multiple scratches and scuffs. I get it and take it out of the box, not a single mark on it. But the company has another one up on Ebay for sale for $800 just like mine was, every time the current one gets sold. Hopefully they aren't selling the factory messups or something.

But the guitar really doesn't have that many hours on it, maybe 40 tops? It hangs on a wall hanger and has been in the case 4 times to and from my girlfriends house. Anyway the black paint on the right edge of the guitar is starting to fade from black to gray. It is not being rubbed off because it is still shiny (clear coat). You can still see the silver stripes over the gray. I am just trying to figure out whats going on. Anyone else ever have trouble with a synyster custom or another guitar doing this?

I don't really mind it because the guitar is exactly what its supposed to be sound wise and feel wise. I just wanna know if anyone has any reason why it is doing this. It is not in direct sunlight, no extreme temperatures always 68-73 Fahrenheit and nothing rubs against this area of the guitar. Thanks in advance for any info!

are you sure its not a fake? sorry to break it, but this stuff happens frequently.

before you do anything else, please check and try the serial number online to see if its real. if it matches, then maybe contact schecter to see what the problem is!
i will check right now, but even if so it sounds dead on for being a fake lol
where would i check it?
Last edited by A7XSchecter6661 at Jul 5, 2010,
Its probably just a defect in the top coat, or veneer top. A while back, i actually wanted the paint to fade but it wouldn't! lol So i repainted it black/red
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
lol I don't like the looks of the red and black one where can i check the serial number? And do you think there would be anyway to have Schecter redo it or fix it? or would a new one end up being cheaper? :P
Did you fill out a warranty card? Schecter will only repair it under certain circumstances so you should just call and look for your receipt or invoice
Ibanez AEL 12-string

thing is I bought it new in box from a music store, who knows if I even can this late. It says fill it out within 10 days of purchase. Don't think an Ebay receipt would even count and won't count at all if they aren't an authorized schecter dealer. They would consider it normal wear and tear which is not covered by the warranty. I can't find where to check serial numbers...or is the only way to register it?
Last edited by A7XSchecter6661 at Jul 5, 2010,
back of the head stock sparky. If its not there, its fake, or i never got the memo that Schecter changed the location. lol
Ibanez AEL 12-string

lol oops I meant where can I check the serial number? Mine is N09060599 seems legit since its like new bought it beginning of 2010...also sent schecter an email
I believe Schecters have 7 numbers, my syn has 7. and others i've seen do also.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Hard to tell if mine has 7 or 8 since its 0 Vs O as the first number/second letter everything on it is what its supposed to be though. Grover tuners, custom invaders, don't see what the point of faking one and putting the actual stuff on it would be lol
mine reads 0817941, its missing the letter but its registered with schecter and I bought it from a Dealer. Grover tuners are cheap in perspective. faked Gibsons have them, or at least knock offs. the problem with invaders is they use Caps, I have a std, syn and I ordered silver caps, as the crappy pickups gave up on me, for a pretty wall mount of his guitar. so someone could take the pick ups in the std model which suck and put caps on them $10 at most.

just to check what does you're Floyd look like, what writing is on it.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
nope its all one piece! :P Watch it be a painted hellraiser lmao...Anyway does the real floyd rose just say floyd rose on the side?
yeah it does. everything seems to check out legit so far. you serial number is on a box that says made in south Korea and SGR?
You belong in a museum.

an OFR I'm pretty sure says Original Floyd Rose and has Made in Germany on it. Other FR's will say Floyd Rose. Jackson's say like Jackson Licensed

Pictures?
nah that's fine, its more of the box thing I was looking for.
You belong in a museum.

grr had me pooping bricks! :P Here are some pics. ill have the pickups in a few, soon as I can get a non reflective one

The silver pieces look gross up close lol

Last edited by A7XSchecter6661 at Jul 6, 2010,
The serial number passes with me. It seems Schecters made in 2009 (hence, 09) have an 8 digit SN. The made in Indonesia baffles me. The Standard would be made there, but I can't see why the Custom would. Even the Damien Elites are made in South Korea, and they're $500.

well i bought it like new in january got it in February. Possibly they switched crafters or something recently? =X I'll be reporting and then killing somebody if it somehow is fake :P Anyway to tell the standards pickups from the customs? The standard has HB-108 detonators and the custom has custom invaders..they look exactly the same besides the hex screws.
ones for 7 strings? lol jk :P Mine say Seymour ^^ so they are real too right? as long as the pickups and body are lol
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
an OFR I'm pretty sure says Original Floyd Rose and has Made in Germany on it. Other FR's will say Floyd Rose. Jackson's say like Jackson Licensed

Pictures?

my ofr says floyd rose so does my freind's and so does many that were measured metrically, if it is an original for american floyds it should say original floyd rose, i belive that is the difference, jackson's licensed's will say jackson were it will say floyd rose, and all floyd roses will say "made under floyd rose patents" near the fine tuners
Eh.
Quote by A7XSchecter6661
ones for 7 strings? lol jk :P Mine say Seymour ^^ so they are real too right? as long as the pickups and body are lol

I couldn't find a six string Detonator... oh well..

I thought by the fine tuners it said Original Floyd Rose, and just said Floyd Rose on the side. I haven't look at a Floyd in person in a long time. I looked at a bunch of Synyster Customs and they all said Floyd Rose on the side..
alright mine only says floyd rose as seen in the picture, nothing else. That makes it a licensed or an original (kind of confused here)
btw can u show me pics of inlays and headstock?

Edit: floyd rose is original, i think or an illegal licensed, if the whole guitar is counterfeit, i have a hunch it aint, mainly cuz of the set up sticker on back
Eh.
Last edited by Himelnator at Jul 6, 2010,
Here you are. Just took the hardware parts off, its getting a nice clean. Too bad the paints fading

Quote by A7XSchecter6661
thing is I bought it new in box from a music store, who knows if I even can this late. It says fill it out within 10 days of purchase. Don't think an Ebay receipt would even count and won't count at all if they aren't an authorized schecter dealer. They would consider it normal wear and tear which is not covered by the warranty. I can't find where to check serial numbers...or is the only way to register it?

You don’t actually need to have it registered as long as your receipt shows the date of purchase. The registration thing is just to get you on their mailing list. And there’s no reason an eBay receipt won’t count—it’s still a receipt.
Kinda looks beat up a bit? I'm thinking its a legit syn, but the "like new in box" is bullshit.

Edit: the fretboard doesn't look like Ebony to me. which the customs have, compared to std which is rosewood I believe.
You belong in a museum.

Last edited by Sinister Waffle at Jul 6, 2010,
true, but it says wear and tear is not covered by warranty. Won't they consider fading paint wear and tear? =/

Ive had it since february, when i pulled it out of the box i swear to god it was fresh from schecter just 200$ cheaper than any normal store ..was pristine! Also hasn't been cleaned in a long time most of the ugly on it is nasty finger sweat/oil that this guitar seems to attract. just broke it down to give it a full clean
Fretboard is probably dirty and dry, I will get it cleaned up and oiled in the morning :P Pic is from a crappy cell camera with a bad flash
You should just take better care of your equipment. I always wipe the sweat off my guitar after playing.
yeah I know but I haven't been able to play in forever sometimes I pick it up for a few minutes then gotta head off to work :P

Just sent schecter a message asking if that was covered by warranty. I do not consider that wear and tear if it is fading underneath the clear coat.
I am no schecter expert but from that pic that fretboard doesnt look like ebony..

ebony is an extremely dark wood..it should look like this..compare it with your guitar
so possibly its knock off with all the real stuff but the fretboard or something? Not that I care, I saved $200 so I don't mind whatever fret board it is. I am looking at some pics of the custom and some of them seem darker than others. It Can't be a neck from the standard because that one is a bolt on, my guitar is all one piece. Hmmmmm

or maybe mine is dried out from the hot weather? I will see after cleaning and oiling it today.
Quote by A7XSchecter6661
so possibly its knock off with all the real stuff but the fretboard or something? Not that I care, I saved $200 so I don't mind whatever fret board it is. I am looking at some pics of the custom and some of them seem darker than others. It Can't be a neck from the standard because that one is a bolt on, my guitar is all one piece. Hmmmmm

or maybe mine is dried out from the hot weather? I will see after cleaning and oiling it today.

real ebony`s natural colour is black..so It cant be because its dried out or anything
actually, there's a lot of cases where the ebony is a lighter colour (almost like rosewood) and they stain/dye it to get it to its final dark colour. don't be so thrown off by the colour. sometimes that just happens. if you happened to get one of those guitars with the stained fretboard it will come off when playing.

EDIT: here's a case showing it from stewmac. this ebony would have to be stained to get that traditional dark colour.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bodies,_necks,_wood/Archtop_guitar:_Fingerboards/Fingerboard_Blanks_for_Guitar.html?tab=Pictures#details
Last edited by User_Name336 at Jul 6, 2010,
Page 1 of 2